Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Why is some hrt better than other even at a lower dose?  (Read 2886 times)

Tingly

Why is some hrt better than other even at a lower dose?
« on: July 03, 2013, 02:23:17 PM »

Just wondering if any of you smart experienced ladies have the answer to this one (you all seem so well informed)

Just wondered why a lower dose tablet would be more effective than a higher dose patch (been prescribed hormonin to help with va rather than estradot 100?)

Also for anyone who is interested or doesnt know, i was informed yesterday that by cutting patches you may not be getting the oestrogen u think , as it doesnt quite work this way.

Joyce

Re: Why is some hrt better than other even at a lower dose?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »

I'm no expert, but think patch is a slower release than tablets which will enter bloodstream quicker. But sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Meno consultant told me it is OK to half patches. Never mentioned that I may get any less oestrogen. Can I ask who told you this?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:54:30 PM by cubagirl »

Tingly

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »

A doctor told me yeaterday, but the doctor who gave them to me in the first place said i should!

jgr

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »

Hi Tingly, i was started on half a patch and was told it was ok to cut it by the menopause clinic, so they should know.  :)

Tingly

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »

Thats good enuf for me!