Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Patches  (Read 8819 times)

Liz

Patches
« on: June 27, 2013, 06:35:10 AM »

Hi - just changed to Estradot 50 from Femseven Sequi and tried to put one on my bum cheek, but I've found it wrinkles up quite a bit on the cheek.  Think I may go back to the outer thigh.  Just wondering where you find it best to put your patches?   :)

Joyce

Re: Patches
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:38:26 AM »

I've been on Estradot 50, 37.5 & now 25 & can't say I've had any wrinkling problems. You do have to put on carefully, then hold your hand over them for no less than 10 seconds to ensure adhesion. I put on bum, tum, hip. Just make sure you put on below waistline so there is no friction from waistbands.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:40:35 AM by cubagirl »

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:37:10 AM »

There is no reason why you can't put the patch on the back of the shoulder or even at the top of the arm, or upper thigh.

After all it is suggested that you apply Estrogel to the shoulders,  The estrogen goes into the blood stream (or it wouldn't work) and travels to all parts of the body.

The reason its suggested that the patch is put on tummy and buttocks is that that where it was place in the first trials, I have read that estrogen was first tested on men!

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:37:34 AM »

That's interesting SL as I had always thought a patch had to go below the waist.

I prefer to hide mine as it always gets fluffy round the edges and does not look nice at all.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:26:36 PM »

Meno consultant told me it had to be round lower torso. Never thought to ask why mind you.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »

I was told by my GP below the waist to keep it away from my breasts.

Can't really see why though.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 06:44:36 PM »

Not sure, but when it's close to the boobs, there may be more of an issue with causing breast cancer.
Presumably same with upper arms?

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 07:16:57 PM »

There is no difference applying Esrogel or a patch, neither would be recommended near or on the breasts, but as I said it all goes into the blood stream wherever its applied.

Even vagifem can effect the breasts , its all absorbed, which ever method you use  and where ever you choose to apply it.

Its the dose  that's important and making sure the breasts are not stimulated by too much estrogen.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:26:21 PM by silverlady »

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 08:13:29 PM »

One of the reasons for not putting it on the arm is that the patch must not be exposed to sunlight I believe.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »

Oh well it would be ok in Scotland. Sunlight is a very rare thing these days.

;D

Honeyb
X9

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 09:24:12 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Although we had some warm sunshine today in our neck of Scotland. Unusual, as we're usually getting blown off the map or shrouded in haar .

Silly question coming up, sorry. What would happen if patch exposed to sunlight?

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 09:43:24 PM »

You are in danger of blowing up.   ;D

Seriously....perhaps it would release too much hormone or not enough. Can't see it would be anything else.

Taz will be able to tell us I would think.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 10:31:12 PM »

I only know it because it says it on the instructions in the pack but... I did find this on the MD website

"Patch warning. Direct sunlight or high heat can increase, then decrease, the amount of hormone released from a patch. This can give you a big dose at the time and leave less hormone for the patch to release later in the week. Avoid direct sunlight on the hormone patch. Also avoid using a tanning bed, heating pad, electric blanket, hot tub, or sauna while you are using a hormone patch."

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 07:42:15 AM »

Well I asked for that one HB!  ;D

That wasn't answer I was expecting Taz. I thought it might have been more to do with skin burning more under patch. Must read leaflet! Mind you as I am never likely to be in a bikini ever again, I reckon I'm safe enough.  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 08:00:35 AM »

:lol:
Pages: [1] 2