Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Tearful after period  (Read 6861 times)

Claireylou

Tearful after period
« on: June 24, 2013, 07:39:51 PM »

Hi ladies.

I'm after some advice please.  I'm 42 and peri. My period before last was very light and painless. This month however it was fairly heavy and oh so painful.
It finished this morning and since then I've been really tearful, emotional and a wee bit angry. I'm always like this during the run up to my period (worse since peri) but can't understand why I'm feeling this way after just coming off ???

Is this normal or am I going crazy.

Thanks in advance

Claire x

nelliedee

Re: Tearful after period
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:57:21 PM »

In my opinion If there is nothing going on in your life to make you tearful then it most probably is hormones. I have become tearful after going most of my adult life without hardly ever crying and my hubby and sons are finding it almost as hard as I am.

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:03:07 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

Like you, I've never been an emotional person which is why I'm struggling big time on this roller coaster.

Thanks again,

Claire x

Clovie

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:22:21 AM »

Hi Claireylou

Funny you should start this thread, have started taking Utogestan this cycle and 3 days into my Utrogestan I had an unexpected huge full-on 'normal' period. After that I felt tearful etc.
Not sure if it was the after effects hormonally of this 'period' of my own, or that I started taking the Utrogestan this month.
Will keep an eye on that out of interest.
Come to think of it, my PMT always DID tend to continue a good few days after my period had started, but not as you're describing, afterwards.

Hormones eh? mother nature is an evil mare!!! Who'd be a woman!  ;D
Hope you feel better soon xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:27:42 AM »

Hi and thank you Clovie,

Feel a little better today but I was awake all night thinking about how I looked and felt just three years ago. Perfect figure (so I'm told) and hair etc. now I've got dry hair, spotty skin. My clothes are built for comfort rather than speed  :) not to mention the weight gain. I do wonder and worry about my dh and what he must think when looking at me  :(

Thanks again,

Claire x

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:51:36 AM »

The reason that you feel tearful after a period in peri menopause is that the estrogen is slower to build up, some doctors ( those who understand

a woman's cycle) may prescribe a very low estrogen patch for the first part of the cycle to help boost estrogen.

Clovie

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 09:58:30 AM »

Hi and thank you Clovie,

Feel a little better today but I was awake all night thinking about how I looked and felt just three years ago. Perfect figure (so I'm told) and hair etc. now I've got dry hair, spotty skin. My clothes are built for comfort rather than speed  :) not to mention the weight gain. I do wonder and worry about my dh and what he must think when looking at me  :(
Thanks again,

Claire x

Can SOOOOOO relate to this in bold!  ;D
I very often ponder why my hubby sticks around, not only do I look a mess compared to how I used to be ( yes, cannot shift weight like I used to be able to do!) - - he has no choice but to be riding this hormonal rollercoaster with me, now we LOVE rollercoasters and our holidays are geared around themeparks for the most part - but this one is quite quite different!!!!  ;D ;D

Claireylou

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »

Thanks silverlady,

Maybe another trip to my pretty useless gp for another chat. Unfortunately he seems to think that women have had to manage the menopause for centuries before hrt was invented so why should I be different. Its only a small village practice and the other gp there is even more starchy. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Clovie,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way too but without sounding harsh it does give me a little comfort to know that I don't seem to be the only one. Maybe I should buckle up and grit my teeth then  ;D

Claire x

Claireylou

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »

Hi everyone's mum,

I'm sorry to hear you feel like this too. I've forgotten what I look like cos I'm too scared to look in the mirror :(

My tears stopped yesterday. It frightened me cos I've never had them after a period, always before.

My taste in clothes has changed completely. Can't remember the last time I wore high heels for anything  :-\

This journey gets lonely so many thanks for replying.

Claire x

nelliedee

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 05:50:32 AM »

Can so relate to the high heeled shoes thing. I only ever seem to wear heels to funerals these days  :(

Suzi Q

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 08:52:26 AM »

hehehe I like that all the time HUIGE HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS