Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Magnesium  (Read 25353 times)

moonbeam121167

Magnesium
« on: June 22, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »

Hi is it ok to take Magnesium with added calcium while on HRT, I take 2mg Climival plus Vitamin B complex and also have been taking just Magnesium but found online Higher Nature True Food Calcium & Magnesium and also has added B vitamins, does anyone out there know if they are ok to take while on the hrt

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:56:00 PM by moonbeam121167 »

Rowan

Re: Magnesium
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »

Perfectly OK moonbeam in  fact HRT as well as other drugs can deplete some vitamins and minerals.

http://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Specific_Drugs_and_the_Nutrients_They_Deplete_a1909.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 03:20:33 PM by silverlady »

moonbeam121167

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »

thank you silverlady, because someone said as I am on HRT I shouldnt take calcium   :)

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »

This might help http://www.gp-training.net/training/tutorials/clinical/gynaecology/hrt.htm

Low dose hormone replacement therapy (HRT), when combined with adequate calcium intake and vitamin D levels, can prevent bone loss in postmenopausal women.

My GP has prescribed Calcichew D3 Forte along with estrogen patches for the last 10 years. I also take magnesium to balance the calcium.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 06:47:34 PM »

Hi again

even if I have had a total Hysterectomy,   I also suffer from acid reflex badly, had a endoscopy and all they said was my esophagus was inflamed, so I dont want to take anything to upset that, I dont take anything for it as I was on Omperazole but it never worked, thanks for your help x

Trey

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »

Omega 3, Vit D3 will help with inflammation and magnesium helps with connective tissue issue and irregular heartbeat.  Most are deficient in D3 and mag.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »

Hi   I take Docters Best chelated magnesium, only been on them for two days and have noticed terrible bad stomach, diarrhea and nausea, was on the Asda own brand and never had this bad of diarrhea . Also I take B Complex and Prozac, I am great on the Hrt , I do have headaches and a bad back and thats why I take the Magnesium but I also have an inflamed stomach, do you think the Docters best Magnesium is the cause of my upset stomach and do you think Vit D will help :)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »

Sounds pretty uncomfy moonbeam! I have found this info on chelated magnesium http://www.ehow.co.uk/list_5787451_side-effects-chelated-magnesium.html   It has various positive and negative side effects. It may be that it doesn't mix with the other things you are taking?

Taz x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 08:01:21 PM »

Hi  I am going to try just taking half the dose and see what happens and if I still get the diarrhea then I will stop them and stick to the cheap ones, thanks for the reply xx

moonbeam121167

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 05:35:26 PM »

Hi I tried half the dose today and not as bad diarrhea  but my I still feel sicky  and all day I have had a headache, plus a burning stomach and feeling a bit not with it, all this mostly went when I used the cheap Magnesium but will  the chelated version cause these problems after only taking them for 2 days, I did try the magnesium with calcium and that also caused major diarrhea so i think its best to stop the expensive ones and stick to cheap ones, I am sorry for moaning but for the last month I thought I was getting better, things were on the up but for the last 2 days I feel crap and the only thing that has changed is the Magnesium, can anyone help please :)

kerrieann

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 05:42:27 PM »

hi, i dont know whether this helps you at all but i tried magnesium supplements and got a bad stomach and headaches the a couple of weeks ago i bought a magnesium spray supposed to be good for joint problems,  well it hasnt helped my back to be honest but what i have noticed is that for no apparent reason my mood has been alot lighter  :)  i dont know why but i thought just spraying this each night wasnt going to do much but as i say its the only reason i can think of that its picked my mood up.   kerrie

moonbeam121167

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 06:04:07 PM »

Hi  Kerrieann thanks for your reply, I think I will stop taking them and start again with the cheap ones in a day or two and hope , touch wood it I will feel better :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

kerrieann

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 07:33:39 PM »

good luck i hope they dont upset you and if they do then maybe you could try the spray  :)

moonbeam121167

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »

Hi all,

back on the Asda magnesium and stopped the B complex and so far feeling ok, god I hope it continues xxxxxxxx

moonbeam121167

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 06:39:15 PM »

Hi all , an up date, the last couple of days I have been feeling really tired, bad nausea, today I have not taken any magnesium because I still  going to the toilet 4 maybe 5 times a day, I am really dont know what to do anymore, if this is what menopause is its sucks, people say once they go on HRT they are a new woman but I am certainly not, I take my HRT every morning , is it best to take before or after food or is it best to take at night, I will still take the Prozac but as for anything else like the Magnesium is not helping, can anyone out there help please, I feel like crying, I am tired of all this nausea and being tired  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Pages: [1] 2 3