Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Itching around Evoril Conti Patch!  (Read 3377 times)

MAZZA64

Itching around Evoril Conti Patch!
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:51:32 AM »

Hi
Just recently I have cut my patch in half but I am finding that the are around my patch (on my buttock) is very itchy. I do change sides and move to a different place each time.
Not sure what to do to eliminate or ease the itching.
Any advice please.

Liz

Re: Itching around Evoril Conti Patch!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 07:06:39 AM »

I've had this with FemSeven patches and am just about to change to Estradot.  Unfortunately, it seems a lot of people react to the adhesive in them.  When I take the patch off I put Sudocrem on the area, but I've still got red marks from the patches I had on 2 weeks ago......  If it gets bad, perhaps you may want to think about changing brands and seeing if that helps.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:30:26 AM »

It's a  nuisance when this happens but I think you will find that in the leaflet it does state that itching means you should change the type of patch as it shows that you are allergic to the adhesive. It affects quite a women in this way. Different makes use different adhesive so I would go back to your GP and ask for a different one.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 10:17:12 AM »

Might be worth trying the patch on your lower abdomen or upper leg?
If that doesn't work, you may need to change the type of patch, as the others have said.

Rosebush

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »

I use Femseven Conti patches and sometimes get this itching, I put patch on lower tummy, I use Vaseline when I get the itching/soreness..x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »

I used to get the itching feeling but I was so determined that patches were going to be OK for me that I had a golden rule with myself - never to scratch as I knew it would set up a reaction as I have quite sensitive skin.

When you take the patch off - peel it off VERY slowly. Try and scratch somewhere else than where the patch was/is and see if it helps - a tall order if you are actually allergic to it but maybe worth a try.

The Estradot are very small, so a smaller area to itch and easier to find a new site when changing patches. I use alternate bum cheeks - but the marks do stay for a while. I don;t try to remove them as I think that would make things worse re irritation. I just have an odd zebra look about my rear - but I don't care  ;D

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 06:44:45 PM »

As long as you are not flashing your bum Hurdity.  ;D

Femseven drove me up the wall with the itch, not just around the patch but everywhere. Evoril are ok, they did itch to start with but I tried not to scratch. If they left an irritated patch of skin the I put a little cortisone cream on and that sorted it out.

Honeyb
X

MAZZA64

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 08:36:37 PM »

Thank you all for the replies, I am going to try the patch in a different place and see what happens.
X