Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: cllonidine  (Read 2411 times)

Meg

cllonidine
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:58:49 AM »

A neighbour I was talking to says she has had great success with taking clonidine (dixarit).  She was prescirbed 2 x 25 mg tablets to be taken morning and evening.  I asked my GP for a prescription and she has put the standard dose which seems to be 3 x 25 mg, morning, mid-day and bedtime.  Have googled it and am not sure whether to try it.  Have you had any success with this medication?

Meg

Joyce

Re: cllonidine
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:17:47 AM »

Some do Meg and it's certainly worth a try as you are suffering at the moment. It didn't help help me though. My GP says it works for roughly 1 in 3 ladies. If it's going to work it will happen within 3 to 4 weeks.

jacquiellen

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 11:12:03 AM »

Hi Meg,
Is this the blood pressure pill? My doc wanted me to take this if it is but I didn't want to as my blood pressure is not high at the moment. Like you I googled and quite alot of side effects (as will all drugs mind you) listed so I wasn't sure either.
Will be interested if you decide to take to know if you have any success. Is it hot flushes you are suffering with?

Rosebush

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 11:44:08 AM »

Meg I tried Clonidine for hot sweats, made no difference at all, whatever  your neighbour is using them for, I am glad they are helping her..xx

Meg

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 01:26:08 AM »

Prescription still in the drawer at present.  I am just a bit wary of this because I dont like to mess with blood pressure as it is normal and dont want to feel dizzy or get dry eyes or contstipation!  Clonidine is used for quite a few off label things as well like ADHD in children and from what I read it may be calming which could be a plus. At present I am indecisive as usual.  Yes, flushes and sweating are a big issue plus all of the other stuff like anxiety, worrying over things that never used to get to me, loss of sleep, even morning nausea - not pleasant at all!

Meg

skkb

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 01:57:23 PM »

I tried this but it didn't work for me & likewise I didn't fancy the side effects. Do you not want to try hrt - all those symptoms must make your life miserable, I was unable to function, it was horrid!!

Meg

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 12:42:02 AM »

Thanks for input.  I am regularly considering HRT!  One thing I consider is that as the symptoms have been going on since my periods stopped at fifty and I am coming up to fifty-nine, I might need to take HRT indefinitely.  This causes me some concern to say the least as whose to say how long this might be for.  I dont want bleeding patterns when I am much older and as I found progestin intolerable when I tried briefly several years ago, I dont think I would wish to tale a contunuous regime of HRT.  This is a big dilemma that many women must be grappling with.  The other route I suppose is AD's which I have also so far not taken!  Hey ho what a scenario, sort of damned if you do and damned if you dont!  Thanks again.

Meg