Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Update on Utrogestan trial!!!  (Read 3578 times)

Clovie

Update on Utrogestan trial!!!
« on: June 17, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »

Hello ladies

I have logged on here today to post an update (lots of you ladies were very kind to me during my struggle with progesterone intolerance) to say I am now on Utrogestan, micronized progesterone , for the prog phase of HRT.

Well,  fingers crossed - I've been on it 10 days now and have felt the awful effects round about day 4/5 on other progesterones - and well, I feel absolutely fine!!!!!  :banana:

Just to say, I am so glad I came across this forum and learned about Utrogestan. 
Thank you to you all for the wonderful supportive posts I received while I was feeling like I was in a very dark place, and a special little thank you to Hurdity who's wonderful knowledge has been somewhat of a lifesaver for me! xxxx

I know I'm not in the clear yet, and its early days but boy does it feel good to know I am protecting my body by taking the prog (was seriously thinking of foregoing it altogether :( ) AND to be feeling OK while doing it!!!

Liz

Re: Update on Utrogestan trial!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 02:34:19 PM »

That's great news!  I'm about to start on Utrogestan.  I've just been changed from FemSeven Sequi to Estradot and Utrogestan, because of Progesterone intolerance too.  Very encouraging to hear that you're doing well on it so far!  What are you using for the Oestrogen part of your HRT, if you don't mind me asking?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 04:03:22 PM »

Hey clovie that's really fantastic :sunny:

Long may it last - you may get times when you feel a bit tired - can't remember how long you are taking it for each month?

No probs re the info - it's all out there - I just have taken a great interest in it as it's what I use and perhaps I'm a bit fanatical about banging the drum for bio-identical HRT on the NHS!

Hurdity x

Clovie

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 07:28:25 PM »

Liz - I am taking Elleste Solo (2mg tablets) for the Oestrogen element, taking that continuously and am taking the Utrogestan days 15 -26. (200mg orally)  :)
I was planning to reduce this duration down to 10 days bi-monthly if I still felt the effects of prog (typically making me feel really down, irritable, weepy, morose etc) - but fingers crossed so far!!!
I really hope Utogestan works for you too!!!!
Let us know how you go?

Hurdity - thanks again - you are a star! You have a knack of explaining the whole quite bewildering topic in an easy to understand way! xxxx

Liz

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 08:42:18 PM »

Fantastic news, Clovie.  I, too, will be taking the Utrogestan days (or nights, actually!) 15-26, 200mg, so the same as you basically.  I'll be using an Estrodot patch for my oestrogen.

I'm really encouraged by your results - I think from reading your past posts you've been suffering even more than I have, so I've high hopes that this could help me too.  Like you I was fine on the Oestrogen, just the Progesterone element sent me into an irritable, anxious and depressed woman! 

Keep in touch - will let you know how I get on, starting my new routine on Day 1 of my cycle which should be in around 7-9 days time.  Please update us as you go along.   :)