Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: ear pain  (Read 4976 times)

nigela

ear pain
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »

Hi Anyone getting sore ears-wonder if another meno symptom. been bothered or months with stinging pain in ear worse when been asleep on it.Also muffled hearing and ringing etc in it. was just given drops-made it worse. 3 weeks to wait for another apt!

Taz2

Re: ear pain
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »

Not sure this is a meno thing nigela. Hope it gets better soon. Can't you ask your local pharmacist for some advice to tide you over until your appointment? Ours is really helpful.

Taz

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 03:43:28 PM »

Were the drops to remove ear wax nigela?. Muffled hearing would hint at that.

The ringing could be a sign of tinitus (which I suffer from).

When you say your ears are stinging, do you mean inside the ear, or on the outside.?

I would not associate these type of symptoms as being associated with the menopause. When you go back to the doctor suggest that you should be referred to an ENT clinic.

nigela

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:23:49 PM »

No wax there was told. it stopped the itching but not the stinging and the muffled hearing still there.

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 06:46:07 PM »

I have recurrent ear infections. I have had it off and on for months. I am always given anti biotic drops or spray. Keeping your ear dry at all times is really important. Now after my shower I make a point of drying my ear with my hairdryer. It's often called swimmers ear. The bacteria love a warm moist environment. I am usually given a nasal spray to help dry up the gloop that causes the pressure in the inner ear. I also have tinnitus in that ear.

I don't think it has anything to do with the meno at all. Just one of those things.

Honeyb
X

nigela

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 07:22:42 PM »

Thanks Honeyb