Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Shaking  (Read 4576 times)

monsterfromid

Shaking
« on: June 09, 2013, 08:00:22 AM »

New symptoms on top of the crushing depression. Now I'm shaking 90% of the time. My hands and feet clench and tremble up to the forearms and calves. It goes on for hours, sometimes all day and is preventing me from sleeping. Exercise doesn't help. I can walk for miles and still shake. After a fitful night tossing and turning I wake up at 6.00 /6.30 every morning trembling all over. I'm exhausted and beaten. Has anyone else suffered from this and what did you do to combat it?

Taz2

Re: Shaking
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:58:20 AM »

Are you still taking lithium monsterfromid? Maybe your dose is too high as this can cause shaking such as your describe and, if so, it is important to get your dose sorted out. I really think you should go back to your GP and explain what's happening. I appreciate that you disagree with the diagnosis you have been given but life must be so miserable for you especially if you feel you are taking a drug which you don't need. Why not go back and see what the doc says?

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 03:32:51 PM »

Certainly go the Surgery for a chat!  Some drugs can mimim Parkinson symptoms, some cause restlessness, others mental agitation  >:(

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 06:39:25 PM »

Monsterfromid go to your GP.

Shaking for 90% of the time must be absolutely knackering, there's no way to rest.
If the surgery give you any grief about whether it's an emergency, describe your situation, including your medical history and background. Tell them you need some rest, ask what they would suggest. If they say wait to see a GP, get the persons name and say you are documenting their response.

Hope you get something sorted out.

monsterfromid

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 06:45:42 AM »

Thanks for all the replies/support. My depression has become so severe the Psychiatric Emergency Team has become involved who make daily home visits. I'm seeing the Psych Doc this morning to discuss what's been happening.

Dyan

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 07:07:29 AM »

:bighug: monsterfromid.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »

Let us know how you get on.  I had a Community Psy Nurse for several months and found it very reassuring. If you can be told that this is 'within normal limits' and will lessen as you withdraw from the Lithium, at least it will be less to worry about  :hug:

Delilah

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 04:38:29 PM »

Hi monsterfromid

I hope you get some help really quick, you sound worn out. I had a lot of shaking at the beginning of my menopause and only mirtazapine ad calmed it down, still comes back to a lesser degree when i have bad days. I can understand completely how tiring it is.

:hug: : for you, take care.
Delilah

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »

I shook relentlessly when I had panic attacks  :-\

Elena

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 10:11:20 PM »

Sounds awful.  Definitely speak to GP or somebody who can help from Psychiatric Team.

monsterfromid

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »

Thanks for all the replies. Psych Doc recommended higher dosage of ADs. I had a reasonably good spell about a week ago when my mood lifted slightly and the shaking wasn't nearly so bad.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 11:41:06 AM »

The Trial and Error can be Sooooo tiring  >:(

:hug: