News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: IBS!  (Read 13548 times)

honeybun

Re: IBS!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 04:33:39 PM »

Have a read of his site or call the help line and ask. You don't have to buy anything but they will advise you on symptoms. The only info they ask for is your name and postcode.

I had the runs all the time and was so worn down.

I do wish you stayed nearer me and then you could visit Jan de Vries. He is so nice and has always helped me.

The help line is the next best thing.

Honeyb
X

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »

Anyone thought about mild gluten intolerance which I understand can be exacerbated or brought on during menopausal transition, and which produces lots of these horrible symptoms of IBS - bloating, diahorrhea etc?

Various women I know ( not only of menopausal age) have gone on gluten free diet and have seen remarkable improvements. Sorryto repeat if this has all been aired before - I haven't read any IBS threads, and various remedies were discussed below!

Hurdity x

ann123

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 05:52:47 PM »

Bought it on amazon, hope it helps

Elena

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 03:32:05 AM »

Been on acidopholus a few weeks now and I am still bloated and full of wind.  Just found the bowel essence online so will order it in the morning.  Really fed up with it all.

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 07:27:09 AM »

Hi Milliemoo - sorry you are not feeling any better. I take it that you have been investigated for any possible medical reason for your symptoms? It's important to report anything like this to the GP I reckon. It's easy to blame everything on either increasing age or hormones.

Taz x  :hug:

Elena

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 08:29:46 AM »

I had a lot of investigations when I was about 34 or so, laparoscopy etc.  Nothing since, no.  Since my periods stopped at least I dont get the awful mid cycle pain anymore.  But I am fed up with the wind and bloating.  The wind has increased, presumably due to lack of blimmin hormones.

Thanks for asking.  Been so down these past 2 weeks, just sunk lower and lower into depression.  Am going to try to pick myself up starting NOW!

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 09:08:46 AM »

I think you should go along and discuss these symptoms with your doc Milliemoo. It is probably just something you are eating but bloating, increased wind and pain can all be early symptoms of ovarian cancer. Many women dismiss them as just being caused by hormones or getting older. I hated even typing the words - sorry - but it's not worth taking the chance.

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 10:13:04 AM »

Hello ladies. Just thought I'd add that my 'troublesome guts' have been playing up a lot lately, wind, discomfort and occasional diarrhoea and I'm sure it is caused by my ongoing anxiety. An added complication is that I become dehydrated and then find it uncomfortable to eat, my throat feels so sensitive that I even begin to retch, find it hard to swallow food and avoid eating. All this means that without food inside me my guts rumble all the more!  My point is that anxiety can have this effect on us and of course this leads to feeling depressed!
I recently had a blood test for bowel disease which came back normal so I know there's nothing nasty going on.  Also I've just started taking Symprove which is a probiotic and I'm hoping this will address any problems with bacteria. I will report back on any findings.
Wishing everyone well.
K.

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »

Hi Kathleen - can you tell me what "bowel disease" is?

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 05:42:48 PM »

Hello Taz 2. In April 2010 I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis which is an inflammatory bowel disease (similar to Crohns, but not as extensive). I've been in remission since apart from a brief episode last year. I was feeling a bit ill lately and my GP organised stool sample and blood tests to see if I was having a flair up.  So far the bloods have come back normal. I still feel under the weather but I believe that has more to do with being dehydrated, time will tell I suppose.
Take care.
K.

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 05:52:45 PM »

Hi Kathleen - a friend's son has this and has been really ill at times. He has managed to complete his training to be a doctor though.

Good news on your blood results then. Fingers crossed that you will feel better soon.

Taz x

Elena

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 08:40:03 AM »

I'm very anxious too Kathleen.  I can actually feel my stomach tightening, I try to stop it but it seems to be impossible.  I probably need to do more relaxing/meditation stuff.

The whole ovarian cancer thing had crossed my mind Taz so dont feel bad for mentioning it.  I dont have any obvious bloatedness when I am lying down though - stomach is flat as a pancake.  Last night was the first night for about a week that I havent had to take a Windeeze capsule at bedtime, which was good. But during the evening I had actually had to stop gardening for a bit as the discomfort was too much. However I woke up with the blessed pain this morning so how can it be digestive?!  I say pain but it isnt sharp or anything, it's dull and annoying.  In fact sitting down at the breakfast table this morning I said to partner it's actually like period pain >:( >:(

I last had an abdominal scan at the end of 2011 but that was for bladder I think....hard to remember now  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2013, 09:44:51 AM »

I'm glad I didn't upset you - it's difficult to type the words somehow. I still think you should get this checked out. Sorry, I know it's a nuisance but better than trying to self-diagnose and worrying all the time. I get the period pain feeling but that's because of my prolapse. Make that appointment!!

Taz x  :hug:

Elena

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 09:49:46 AM »

I do actually have an appt booked for next week but it was to discuss anti depressant.  I am with a new practice and before they can issue me more drugs they want to see me.  Just checked to see if there are any appts this week and there arent.  Neither can I make the one I have a double appt..  Guess I'll have to commit the sin of having more than one problem for the appt.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 12:37:50 PM »

All medications/methods of taking anything to help IBS needs to be taken at the 'right' time in order to aid the digestive process.  I take anything within an hour of my main meals  (:-\ that made little sense), so that the gut is lined, food is moved through the stomach to make room for the next meal and some medications prescribed ease the food through quicker, making the feelings of bloatedness less.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:08:21 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 [2] 3