Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: big decision, need advice.  (Read 10472 times)

Hurdity

Re: big decision, need advice.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »

Sorry to hear you are still feeling rough kerrieann.
It would be good to swap the smoking for the HRT and you may find that deals with your anxiety! In other words you are still smoking because you are anxious but replacing oestrogen may alleviate or lessen your anxiety!

Hurdity x

kerrieann

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 10:25:40 PM »

mmm different train of thought hurdity  feeling really rough been for x rays on my pelvis and shoulder this week as my doc thinks it could be arthritis and the anxiety and low feeling are really getting me  down but iam soo worried about smoking and taking hrt that iam going round in circles and the more i stress the more i smoke  :( i know my  doc said get settled on hrt and then start cutting down on the smoking and i keep telling myself that nothing terrible will happen to me if i take  the hrt for a few weeks till i feel stronger i really gotta sort this

Suzi Q

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 03:04:29 AM »

What have you got to loose.

Just remember if it does not suit you can stop......but if it works you will be so much better.

Keep posting and let us know how it goes.

Honeyb
X

I agree This stufff was invented to help us give it a go if you dont like it easy just stop xxxxxxxxxx

bramble

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »

Kerriann,
I took HRT and smoked - no probs. Your doctor is right - take the HRT, hopefully start to feel better then cut down the cigarettes.

Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »

Kerrieann - you don't have a good time right now so why not give the HRT a whirl?  As for stopping smoking, that's your choice - there is help out there but if you are in a circle of shall I/won't try with both  ::)  ......... what is the worst that can happen?

Have a word with the person at your Surgery who helps people stop smoking?  Get a regime going.  It's like dieting, if we deny ourselves stuff then our brains crave it.  Tell me - do you get up in the night for a ciggie?

kerrieann

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 10:13:19 PM »

clkd  no i dont get up in the night for a ciggie and iam trying to cut down i think iam just so anxious about everything that the anxiety is makimg everything so much worse ive even tried to just walk though the pain in my hip sort of mind over matter as it where but i feel like iam ceasing up after walking around the supermarket for 15 mins keep reading posts on here and some say hrt helped with the pain and some not so i guess the only way is to try it i cant carry on this way iam so damned miserable and i dont mean to be  :(

kerrieann

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 10:16:04 PM »

bramble  you say you took hrt and smoked which did you give up ??

kathleen  ive just realised that i have butted in on your thread sorry
Pages: 1 [2]