Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Suddenly find myself here  (Read 3037 times)

pheonix2013

Suddenly find myself here
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:35:20 PM »

Well I certainly wasnt thinking about this a week ago

Im 42 and Ive been having very heavy periods for 7 years , the last year clotting and flooding

I started tracking my periods and my 28 day cycle has worked its way down to 21 days

that is what started me googling and "menopause " kept popping up ??

Anyway , other things Im experiencing , intense itching on my hands , arms and legs , no rash , just bright red skin

terrible restless legs at night hence trouble sleeping

bloating to the point I think Im going to explode

IBS type symptoms

and thats it I think , but to be honest its enough to have a real negative effect on my life

Went to GP today and Im having blood tests tomoro and ovarian scan , need reassuring theres not something super nasty on my ovaries (peace of mind)

It does seem that many menopause symptoms are also ovarian cancer symptoms

He has then suggested a coil to control the periods , once my ovaries get the all clear

I have had polycystic ovaries before so who knows

So just saying Hi  :)

and I suppose my first question is , has anyone else experienced intense itching , on hands and arms mainly , but also feet and legs ?

Evenstar

Re: Suddenly find myself here
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 06:55:50 PM »

Sorry, I can't enlighten you, but just wanted to say hi and welcome. I'm sure someone will come along soon who can be of more help xx

Claireylou

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:33:57 PM »

Hi Phoenix and welcome.

I could've written that post myself!  I'm exactly the same age as you and one of my worst symptoms is this darn itch. I get it mostly on my arms and neck but sometimes on my legs and fingers. It feels like tiny pin ****s (no rash) and random itching which I try to ignore as best I can cos scratching makes it worse and looks highly unattractive :-\

I also get jumpy, restless legs during the evening when I'm trying to relax and by the time I climb into bed I'm twitching and jumping and trying not to scratch which must be a terrible turn off for my oh :(

Anyway, enough about me. I hope you find some answers on here. Everyone is super friendly and informative.

Take care

Claire x

Claireylou

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »

Oops forgot to say I try to drink a couple of actimel every day which certainly helps my ibs symptoms.

And for the itching I find that e45 itch relief cream calms it all down a bit.

Hope that helps !

Claire x

pheonix2013

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 09:06:29 PM »

Oops forgot to say I try to drink a couple of actimel every day which certainly helps my ibs symptoms.

And for the itching I find that e45 itch relief cream calms it all down a bit.

Hope that helps !

Claire x

Thankyou for the welcome , good to know my symptoms are ringing a bell

so is the itching menopause related then ?

oh my fingers itch so bad sometimes , especially my right hand and Ive no idea why :-(

Claireylou

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 09:30:11 PM »

Hi,

On here somewhere is a list of meno symptoms and I'm certain that itching is mentioned. If you type itching in the search box at the top of the page all posts with itching mentioned will appear.

Happy hunting !

Claire x

rosie c

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »

Ive had the intense itching.... usually worse around time my period is due. I think it is related.... to our hormones. I just make sure I really moisurise ( udder cream) after every shower, and use anti itching cream when bad. I have also had it on my hands... no rash but want to keep scratching.

saraphillips502

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »

Hi phoenix 2013..ive been on hrt 3 weeks now I too am itching doc's are clueless no antihistimine are touching it..urticaria is what it is ..id like to know was yours hormonal after did u go on hrt and if so how long did u have itching..im goin out of my mind its a bitch of an itch..