Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: 3 months on kliovance and need help  (Read 25019 times)

Suz

3 months on kliovance and need help
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I am hoping I will get some replies this time.

I have now been on Kliovance for 3 months, with the following + &-
+ bad mood/anxiety like feeling settled
+no weight gain
+ now have a bit of a sex drive
+No meno symptoms

- ve
Spotting and bleeding (clot like, sorry tmi, but instead of decreasing seems to be increasing as the time goes on). I bleed/spot for about 10/14 days. have 4/5 clear days and starts again.So any sex drive that I have does not get used up!! :(

-my hair seems to be thinning
-hair goes between v v v dry to v v v greasy. I literally look like my hair has been set alight and then put out quickly.
-my skin has been v spotty:body and face
-I have leg aches, Tolerable but enough to really notice and complain about:often.
- my memory awful!!!!!
-concentration ...poor. Pple say you prob have too much on ur mind: but my mind is BLANK. ( it's nice cause I am soo not stressed but disturbing cause feel like a goldfish and can't retain anything).

So, would you suggest to persevere with it or change to smg else?
If to change what would you suggest?
I have been looking at the menu on the left and don't really know if to try angelique or a sequential instead of conti.

I can't take utrogestan as I reacted badly to it:itchy etc.
Can't seem to take testosterone gel as within a week my skin was awful, although  concentration seemed better.When I say skin breaks out, it breaks out: I need antibiotics etc.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Suz

Kathleen

Re: 3 months on kliovance and need help
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:23:31 AM »

Hello Suz, sorry to hear that you are struggling. I cannot offer any specific advice I am afraid as I'm about to start my first course of Climesse and am anxious to know what will happen when I do. Your story highlights how problematic this sort of treatment can be and how it takes time to find just the right HRT.
There are lots of knowledgeable ladies on this site and I'm sure someone will be along to give you the benefit of their experience. Wishing you well.
K.

Shula

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:12:05 AM »

I've been in Kliovance for around seven months now, and the only negatives I experienced were some leg aches (but they have now gone), and a little hair shedding (but this had started prior to the HRT, and my hair is still quite thick). The biggest positive for me was the reduction in anxiety symptoms.

It may be worth persevering for another couple of months, but the spotting/bleeding and concentration issues must be hard to deal with. :(

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »

I tried Kliovance for three months and had constant bleeding, stomach pain, nausea and absolutely no sexual feelings at all. It suits some and not others. I changed.

Taz x

Suz

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:47:29 PM »

Hi Taz/Shula/Kathleen,

Thank you so much for ur replies.

I am still taking it but ave gp apnt on fri. Leg aches are increasing now to the point that had to take painkillers and bleeding still not stopped, it's been 2 weeks straight and no sign of stopping.

I was thinking I was doing v well, breast pain subsided, nausea gone, etc, but the legs are now aching even at wrk during the day.

Trying to make a decision about whether to ask for angelique, which conti or femoston sequi, cause wandering if I just need a monthly bleed.

Also try smg diff to this prog, as leg aches from that I think. My cramps and backaches subsided too.
feel cheesed off cause suffered so much on this already and worried now starting smg else with poss new issues!!! 

My gp is not great with HRT and meno clinic not till end of aug.

Thanx ladies for ur replies,

Suz x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 11:52:16 AM »

Hi Suz

Here is the info on this site about the different types of progesterone/progestogen in HRT

Progestogens which can be used cyclically are of 3 main types:

Testosterone derived - Norgestrel, Norethisterone acetate and Levonorgestrel.
    Less testosterone related - Medroxyprogesterone acetate(MPA).
    Least testosterone related - Dydrogesterone and Micronised progesterone (Utrogestan).

The side effects you are experiencing could be due to the androgenic nature of norethisterone in Kliovance (giving hair loss, spots etc), and also some women do get headaches from this one.

I don't know about Angelique - and the progestogen in that one isn't listed above - but my suggestion would be to try Femoston as the prog in that one is closest to our own progesterone, and it could have been the preparation of Utrogestan - in a suspension - that caused your reaction. Femoston is just a pill (as I understand) like the other tablet HRTs.

It might be worth trying a sequi as you would have a more predictable bleed (depending on what your own hormnones are doing still) - but perhaps change to conti first for another 3 months and see who you get on?

Good luck!

Hurdity x

Suz

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 07:06:58 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for all ur replies. Hurdity, I think u may be right about utrogestan being allergic to soya.

I bought these menopace vitamins a few weeks ago, and started to feel v weird on them and they have soya in them.
It's strange cause I drink soya cappuccino every day and I am ok with that. I can't have normal milk cause I have a reaction to hot milk. Anyway, it may be that. Don't think arachis oil was the culprit looking at this menopace ingredients list.
Seriously, I was so hopeful I d b ok on kliovance. Bit nervous bout gng gp tomorrow cause feel like a hypochondriac, and keep thinking it will pass, the bleeding will stop, but no, continuing.  >:(.

And the most annoying thing is I can't have sex cause of it too. So, after getting sm of the urge back I am now quite frustrated on many fronts  :-\.

One of the ladies posted about sequi before and I am considering may be a bleed type of Hrt, cause of my age it may be better. I don't know and I am also a bit moody and tearful last few days ( well last few days extra noticeable to all  ???...so Hrt reaction or just being a moody moo, who knows.
Suz x