Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel 50 patches - not quite enough  (Read 3535 times)

AYoungShepherd

Evorel 50 patches - not quite enough
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »

Hello
At the age of 51, I am 6 months on from having an abdominal hysterectomy (both ovaries, tubes, huge fibroids and uterus). Prior to surgery I was on ... oh dang, what was it called .. a monthly oestrogen-suppressant injection to reduce fibroid size. The 'hotness' started about a month after the first injection, and continued until after surgery, when because of surgical menopause, more of the symptoms joined in. The physical / hormonal trauma after such an operation takes a few months to recover from. During this time, the wonderful Katrina Martin at our local HRT clinic, suggested that if I was managing the symptoms, my body should be given time to settle prior to taking any form of HRT, other than Vagifem. I was managing fine, however in January,  chronic tiredness set in, together with sleeplessness and the inability to accommodate stressful situations. Following a meeting with my GP, we agreed that I should begin on systemic HRT and Evorel 50 (patches) was the starting dose. For the first 3 weeks, there was not much improvement in symptoms, then for a month it was terrific. Slowly the forgetfulness, sleeplessness and hotness at night are creeping back.

I have been reading some of the posts here regarding upping the dose. I don't want to go straight up to Evorel 75, and wondered if you could supplement patches with gel?

Any suggestions would be welcome. I have a monitoring 3 mth checkup with the GP, in a couple of weeks, and would be grateful for some ideas before I see her.

With thanks

AMY

honeybun

Re: Evorel 50 patches - not quite enough
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »

You could try a patch and a bit to see if that would help.

The patches can easily be cut in half or thirds. They stick well and its easy to do. You can tinker a bit with the amount and see how you go.

Honeyb
X

AYoungShepherd

Re: Evorel 50 patches - not quite enough
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:23:46 AM »

Honeyb

Thanks for that. Out with the scissors!

AMY x