Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment  (Read 125605 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment
« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2020, 07:54:03 AM »

Yep.  But with C-19 and me wondering if it's ovarian cancer, a cyst, bladder problems ......... instead of being logical and telling myself that it's due to sitting about a lot more  ???.  I hardly slept last night .......... either due to worrying or due to visiting the bathroom; that's 5 times and I don't know if it's because I was awake ........ twice my bladder woke me  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #316 on: May 13, 2020, 08:46:14 AM »

:-\ .........

I feel a bit better now, makes me realise how unwell I've been for a few days ........ I stopped the nightly ovestin and am using every 3rd and 6th night to keep VA under control. 

CLKD

« Reply #317 on: May 13, 2020, 11:27:13 AM »

Oh that had crossed my mind.  Never had a baby though  :-\ need to do some research mayB?

At least it's better today. 

Traceyf-h

• First Flush
« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2020, 11:39:21 AM »

Hi newbie here 👋. I was trotting along quite nicely on hrt til June last year when I had a mini stroke so drs words were a hot flush won't kill you but ..... So bye bye hrt, within a few weeks the itch started ignored it for a while til about 2 months ago it got worse, on various medication for diabetes so thought maybe thrush FF to now and after applying every cream going and coming on here admitting it must be Meno related. Had a phone consultation yesterdayand gp immediately prescribed vagifem. sorry for long post but look forward to sharing symptoms experiences with you all. Starting vagifem tonight.

Joaniepat

« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2020, 12:10:16 PM »

Hi Traceyf-h, welcome to the forum and good luck with the Vagifem. There's plenty of advice here on VA as you've no doubt discovered!

Sorry to hear you have been taken off HRT. It's strange how these GPs think it's just a case of a few hot flushes. Were you on transdermal products before? They are safer than oral if you have had a mini stroke.

JP x

CLKD

« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2020, 03:28:39 PM »

Hi Tracy-h  :welcomemm:

Tnx Diane200  :-\

Traceyf-h

• First Flush
« Reply #321 on: May 13, 2020, 05:39:09 PM »

hi joaniepat no I was on oral hrt, changed so often because each brand went unavailable so I do not remember what I was on last. I did see a female gp about 3 months after who said if I was really struggling I could go on to patches but never took her up on it.

Traceyf-h

• First Flush
« Reply #322 on: May 13, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »

Me again, just scared myself silly. Maybe too much info but just put first pessary in was painful and a load of wee came out, I had literally just been, so started again and more came out, plus a slight bit of blood, is the bladder low enough to be torn my knowledge of anatomy poor. Little bit worried now

CLKD

« Reply #323 on: May 14, 2020, 09:26:20 AM »

Hi.  My anatomy knowledge is pretty like yours then!  Lack of vaginal oestrogen may lead to small tears in the vaginal wall which will bleed on contact.  It won't be the bladder tearing.

Putting in a pessary initially may cause a nip followed by leakage.  In the evening lay down on a warmed towel on the bed and relax.  Get some lubricant and rub gently round the outer lips to soften them.  Then insert a little lubricant into the vagina and rest.  It took me several years to become familiar with that area, it was the place where periods happened from ........ and some cultures do not encourage personal exploration. 

After resting at night, insert a pessary gently.  As high up as is comfy.  There may be some discharge if the vagina is moist enough and certainly after a few days you may notice that there is more lubricant from that area. 

Don't panic!  It's about getting VA managed so that any dryness is eased.

Traceyf-h

• First Flush
« Reply #324 on: May 14, 2020, 10:12:04 AM »

Thank you so much CKLD really had visions of tearing bladder. Will try what you suggested tonight. Already so glad I signed up here

CLKD

« Reply #325 on: May 14, 2020, 11:46:40 AM »

Be kind to yourself?  Dryness can be awful, 4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there  >:(  ::)

orrla

« Reply #326 on: September 13, 2020, 09:22:41 AM »

So, Ladies..

I am reading here, and thinking..

Is there any way to avoid this discomfort and urine track infections after intercourse, or not?

Do all these KY jelly, Vagifem, and moisturizers work to a degree that there is no soreness after sex, or not..?

What's the trick?!

Thanks for your reply!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:28:11 AM by orrla »

CLKD

« Reply #327 on: September 13, 2020, 02:18:45 PM »

Using appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment every night works for most ladies.  As does using a moisturiser, i.e. KYJelly prior to intercourse help a lot.  On nights that I need to treat my vagina with 'ovestin' I wait until DH is sleeping so that it doesn't interfere with sex ;-). 

Urine infections are caused by bacteria - some of which lives in the bowel and can be pulled forwards.  Infections can be proven in the Lab..  VA however, mimics urine infection-type symptoms really really well!

Honeymoon condition i.e. cystitis can be eased by drinking bicarb or soda as soon as one gets out of bed after sex.

orrla

« Reply #328 on: September 13, 2020, 04:11:11 PM »

Thanks!

I never had such symptoms before, but, true, my bits were 'unused' for ..7 years, and am now 65...and now this. Had to ask for antibiotic, claiming my feet got cold ;) I was incredibly sore for whole week, but thinking now it could be that I used wrong lub and not enough.. so just got ky and Vagisil, and we shall see. Read a bit, and these urine tract problems scare me! Did not realised lining there gets thin too..

While I have you...I have similar to your problem with sleep lately, say past two months. Getting up 3-4 times at night to go to toilet, but after back in bed I feel very hot with sweat coming up, as if in night hot flush... I thought it was the weather... With my morning tea and coffee I am in and out of bathroom every few minutes, until mid afternoon. It's really irritating!  My GP just stares at me when I complain..

CLKD

« Reply #329 on: September 13, 2020, 04:55:27 PM »

Why would a GP prescribe an antibiotic if someone's feet are cold  :-\.  Shouldn't a GP be arranging blood tests?

Vagisil won't help with atrophy.  It can be used to ease dryness, soreness and thinning of tissues but it isn't a replacement.  Do you get what I mean?  'wrong' lube might be ? 

It really is trial and error.  Ring your surgery in the morning and ask for 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' - you don't need a blood test or examination.  Use for at least 3 weeks very night!

As for sleep - I get up to the loo 1-2 and go back to sleep - I think others may have the symptoms that you seem to get, i.e. hot.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26