Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment  (Read 125608 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My bladder etc..
« Reply #300 on: May 11, 2017, 09:59:27 PM »

For Nicol ........

CLKD

« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2018, 12:13:34 PM »

Bounced for Rebecca - subject raised in another thread - let us know what you think about what is suggested and what your GP suggests with regards anti-biotics 'as necessary'.

rebecca

« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2018, 07:22:15 PM »

Hi CLKD

Thanks for the bump.... Just read it through, took about an hour! 
I don't think I can do much more than continue the Ovestin a usual. I may take a pain killer and see if it settles everything down a little. I have the 'smelly' urine now, which to me means I may be brewing another UTI after having sex. Usually takes 7 days after sex to get the smelly urine.. Interesting that another lady said she gets a UTI only after sex also!  I won't be taking the Nitrofurantoin like Lesley Garrett as this makes me very sick and I literally can't leave the house if I take it!  Cranberry does nothing but irritate more, I tried the D Mannose but it did not make any difference. I don't drink alcohol and limit sharp acidic drinks already as to not aggravate bladder, have also had a cytoscopy and all ok..
I guess the GP's try all sorts of things fir different people, and if the antibiotic after sex works, although it is not a good treatment, its better than getting a full blown UTI which then affects my kidneys. Last time this happened to me I was admitted to A & E and hospitalised - given a concoction of drugs and woke up 3 days later in a geriatric  ward as that is the only ward that had space to treat me :o
So as you can see this has been a bit of a journey for me with the UTI's.. I am open to trying things that could help and  I do appreciate your efforts..  :thankyou:

Rebecca

Daisydot

« Reply #303 on: February 14, 2018, 07:54:06 PM »

Hi Rebecca I don't know if your aware but sperm is acidic and that's why you get a reaction after sex it makes the vagina acidic which then effects the urethra etc,you need to keep your urine more alkaline so drink plenty water with a squirt of lemon juice in it is acidic but turns alkaline in the body so is highly beneficial,apple cider vinegar is a big help too you can buy in Holland and Barrett stores or you can get in capsule form from amazon.I also buy ph testing strips and make sure my urine stays on the alkaline side rather than acid so your aiming for a reading of 7ish basically.
Don't use soaps down below no baths if you can avoid and try and bottle wash after you pee and definately after you poo.
If you can get a copy of Angela kilmartins book off amazon she'll give you some great tips.good luck xx

rebecca

« Reply #304 on: February 14, 2018, 11:16:16 PM »

Hi Daisydot
I knew that sperm was acidic so I have made sure my husband doesn't make that a problem for me if you get what I mean!
I have some PH strips and will give them another go... I was told it is best to use them in the morning, not sure if that is correct.
I am meticulous with hygiene after I pee and poo.
Is the title of Angela Kilmartins book : The Patient's Encyclopaedia of Urinary Tract Infection, Sexual Cystitis and Interstitial Cystitis ?
I see it was written in 2002, just wondered if there was a more up to date version.
I would like to try the apple cider vinegar, but I have IBS and find vinegary foods/drinks sting my stomach like mad so I avoid..    :thankyou:

Daisydot

« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2018, 11:34:35 PM »

Yes that's the book Rebecca the advice is so basic it still reads true today.google acv and you will see it's been helpful for some people with both ibs and urinary tract problems.I prefer kefir milk for ibs it has so many other health benefits too.
The important thing is you neutralise the acid in your urine and you'll find bladder friendly foods and drinks low in acid really do help you achieve this.
Your urine is at its most pungent in the morning so that's usually a good time to measure with the ph strips but it can rise during the day depending what your eating and drinking,all the antibiotics in the world won't get this under control but you can by using the correct diet to reduce the acidity alongside the other things I've told you.ive gone from every other month on antibiotics to none for over a year now and no Uti,s using this regime.Its hard going but worth it to get the bladder healthy again.good luck with whatever you do x

CLKD

« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2018, 09:37:54 AM »

:thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #307 on: April 02, 2018, 11:34:10 AM »

Silly Me! for various reasons plus being extremely tired, I didn't use for 4 weeks.  Symptoms returned on Sat. so back to the tube ....... bottom ached, vagina felt sore, needed 2 pee more often ........ blddy hormones  >:( but Note to Self - keep up with the treatment!!  :kick:

Hurdity

« Reply #308 on: April 02, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »

You might want to use it more often than twice a week at first if you have been without it for 4 weeks - just to build up your tissues quicker?

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #309 on: April 02, 2018, 06:07:53 PM »

It's worked in 24 hours.  Better now.  I know my own body.

CLKD

« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2018, 01:11:07 PM »

New Members please read if you have an irritated bladder or urine infection-type symptoms.  ABs are being given out rather than GPs sending samples to be grown in the Lab..

CLKD

Re: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment
« Reply #311 on: May 11, 2020, 12:49:30 PM »

Morning!

I think I have bladder problems ......... when I go for a pee I dribble, if I move forwards I then get a proper flow.  I don't leak in the day or in sleep but it's almost like there's a kink in the pipe  :-\ ...... I began a reload of 'ovestin' last week and my bowel has slowed but the intermittent flow has been present 2-3 weeks.  In the early hours I was really aware of it.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #312 on: May 11, 2020, 06:45:28 PM »

Sounds like a kidney stone?  Are you in any pain CLKD or just drip, drip, drip?  An infection?

CLKD

« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »

No pain or infection.  I haven't been able to feel urine leaving my body for years, I know I stop when there's no noise from the toilet  ::) .  During the day I've been passing urine normally. 

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2020, 08:01:22 PM »

Ah...age ya know.  If it isn't our bones, then bowels or lady bits or kidneys or....
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26