Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment  (Read 125640 times)

Judith57

Re: My bladder etc..
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »

I didn't mention the clitoral pain stupidly, wish I had now but it wasn't playing up at the time. Now of course it is all I can think of!

Taz2

« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2014, 12:20:39 PM »

It's difficult to remember everything. I thought the clitoral pain was one of the  main problems. Let us know how you get on with the urodynamics. At least you will get part of the problem sorted out.

Did I read that you have fibromyalgia?  Clitoral pain and sensitivity can be a fibro symptom.  Fibro is linked into both IC and Vulvodynia. I hope that these consultants you are seeing are aware of your fibro?

Taz x

Judith57

« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2014, 12:59:38 PM »

Hi Taz. I had all kinds of nerve pain and insomnia two years ago, mainly in my neck and kind of self-diagnosed myself with fibromyalgia through the Internet. Of course my wonderful GP said it didn't exist but referred me to a rheumatologist who did the trigger-point test and said I was quite sensitive but didn't have full-blown fibromyalgia. Anyway he prescribed amitriptyline and I was on that for a while and felt a lot better.

Taz2

« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2014, 01:46:20 PM »

Fibro has to be symmetrical and has other symptoms as well as pain. The pain needs to be present at different points on the body. It sounds as if maybe the prescribing of amitrip helped to avoid the full blown version especially if it helped with sleep. It is worth keeping it in mind though if you are going to go for further consultations.

Taz x

Judith57

« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2014, 02:17:18 PM »

I definitely will. Feel so unwell at the moment  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2014, 05:19:54 PM »

:hug: chronic pain is tiring  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2014, 03:26:06 PM »

Have a look-see  ;) - don't suffer in silence!

CLKD

« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2014, 10:52:11 AM »

I need to pee more often  :-\ even though it's hot ……….. my belly and bladder feel irritated.  I stopped the OrthoGynest pessaries 2 weeks ago and am on an applicator injected preparation.  Why do Companies stop producing successful products  :cuss:

Morwenna

« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »

Me too, and I'm 'burning'  :-\  don't think the Gynest cream is as effective as the pessaries  :(

CLKD

« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »

<sigh>   :cuss:  does anyone know why the Company stopped producing the pessaries?  NICE should insist that once a product is proven to work for patients then they cannot stop making it.

The area below my belly button feels tender = the increased need to pee ………… that area feels bruised ……. how does VA manifest itself for others  :-\
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:46:22 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2014, 04:01:57 PM »

I have sent an e-mail to Janssen-Cilag - watch this space  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »

Maybe should try Vagifem. Two week load and then twice a week. It's effective for most.

I don't think an email will make much difference CLKD although I wish it would. If they are not making enough money then they stop production. It's nothing to do with patient welfare and all to do with balancing the books.

Honeyb
x

cheekygal

« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »

I have bladder problems to, always have the urge, more so if I have just been, as soon as I stand up feel the need again, and could sit there dribbling for ages, infact I read 2 autobiographies in a week while sat dribbling  ;D  I do a have a slight prolapse of the front vaginal wall, which GP said pelvic floor excerices will sort out the problem, admittedly I have been quite slack (no pun intended) at doing them, and TBH not sure they will work now after all this time.  I was told i was being referred to Gynae so was surprised to get a letter from the Physio clinic, when I called I said please don't tell me I have to come to be taught pelvic floor exercises, the nurse said well yes, but the physios are specially trained for this, heard it all now!  Judith like you I am worried about 'accidents' and if out I always have to know where there is a toilet.  I was prescribed pills (I will be rattling soon) for overactive bladder but took one and it really aggravated my acid pain, so haven't taken any since.   

CLKD

« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2014, 10:32:58 AM »

GP told me she would swap the prescription to Vagifem.  well what a night!

I smell.  I warned DH not to come to close in bed because even after my bath I was whiffy.  Slept OK until 3.20 when I woke and went across the landing to the bathroom.  When I got back I was OK for a few moments then adrenalin went through me like a dose of salts!  I shook for a while, no nausea but when the symptoms stopped: after 20/30 mins., that feeling of fullness in the belly area had gone  :o  .......... after which I felt better than I have done for years .......no muggy head, no belly fullness, no nausea .

Slept eventually.  Still whiffy, off for  a bath before the Tour begins ........

Dyan

« Reply #194 on: July 20, 2014, 10:40:26 AM »

:hug:CLKD
What a relief!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26