Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is this perimenopause  (Read 8387 times)

Mezzanin

Is this perimenopause
« on: April 15, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »

Hi
I am 44 and for the past three months I have had some strange symptoms which I am really worried about (actually chronically anxious would be a better description),

I cannot sleep more the 3-5 hours per night. Usually 2 and then I wake up. I do go back to sleep but I cannot sleep more then an hour or so after that.

Burning skin sensation in the soles of my feet and palms of my hands sometimes migrating to my upper back. These sensations are pretty constant throughout the day. Certainly not fleeting and although not really painful they are uncomfortable.

I had a hormone test last week and my doctor confirmed I am peri menopausal.

I have had lots of blood work done, my B12 is good and I am not diabetic.

Does anybody have similar problems.

I am so worried that it is something more sinister.

Thanks

Mezz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is this perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »

:welcomemm: the body develops all kinds of aches and pains plus odd sensations at this time of Life  >:( - for me it is itchy in-steps at the end of the day, socks off, into the bath and it starts  ::) ....... for a while it was itchyness across my back ......... anxiety also comes with the territory and we seem to be more aware of every little niggle  ::)

Lynne888

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 06:36:55 PM »

It doesn't sound like peri to me although we are all different. My symptoms are like CLKD. I get them usually at night. Are you taking anything new? Palms and hands itching does sound like it could be a side effect to something. I used to get that with antibiotics. The only way to really know is to go to your GP.  They also sell test strips at the chemist which tell you if you are in peri menopause. I used them when I thought I was in it originally, it was a pack of two.. the first one said I was not in peri.  About 6 months later I used the second and I was. I was about 51 then though!!

Mezzanin

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:33:33 PM »

Yes, it has been confirmed I am in perimenopause

ladybug50

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:58 PM »

Hi mezzanin,
I am also peri meno , at 50.
I get crawley skin sensations starting at the feet, it works its way upward.
And hot restless legs at night. ( +night sweats)
Also anxiety and get bouts of insomnia, these can last one night or upto 3/4.
I thought there was something seriously off with me too, until I did some research and saw a GP.
There is lots of info on this site.
I found it very helpful.

pixie

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »

I had this for around two years, and it has settled down since been post menopausal for 15 months.

However, I had painful 6 day periods and PMT instead when i was having regular menstrual cycles. I am glad to see the back of periods that made my life a misery!! :( x
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:27:37 PM by pixie »