Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: meno clinic  (Read 6014 times)

janine

meno clinic
« on: April 11, 2013, 06:40:24 PM »

:) hi all not been on here for a while just wanted to ask if anyone else had problems getting refered to a menopause clinic? 3 trips to the gp and they would not refer me!  :angryfire: they said i did not need to be refered!!! mmm and so i am still trying to get there!!!
been feeling ok the last couple of months but now the flushes are back and so do i go back and argue yet again!!! any advice would be great  :clapping: or else i might  :hotflash: lol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: meno clinic
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »

I think you are able to send a personal e-mail to Dr Curry via this web-site? 

ds54

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »

Hi Janine I had the same problem with my GP.So I emailed the Dr at the clinic myself and she see me without the referral from the doctor. I am now under them all the time :)

Melanie Mabel

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »

My GP didn't refer me even though I had been off work for nearly 6 months with menopausal and stress symptoms. The clinic was even in same practice! Anyway after seeing it was in the Sexual Health section I made my own appointment and had an hour long session. Apparently the clinic doesn't liase much with the GP and vice versa.
I was amazed at this.
So my advise is make your own appointment, don't wait for a doctor's referral. They did eventually share my notes and worked together to help me.

Firewalker50

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 07:03:34 PM »

I self referred to the Glasgow menopause clinic. Again, little working with Doctors. At a later point my own Doctor commented in a dismissive tone about them. By then I was in a different situation.  When I was given the patches first time, the clinic said I would need to go to the Doctor for further prescriptions - unless they completely refused to prescribe.

I wonder if the menopause clinics are different in different regions.

Fx

janine

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 07:08:46 PM »

:) thank you all for the replys!! i will get in touch with them directly myself and see if i can get an appointment  ;D i think the doctors should be ashamed at making us suffer when there is help our there for us
if  all they have to say is refer yourself!  :angryfire: will let you know how i get on  ;) and a  :bighug: for you all xxx thanks again  ;D