Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?  (Read 505018 times)

Rainy

Congratulations Jemima  :clapping:

Me and hubby have had a very rocky road through the ups and downs of this time in my life and it has taken him a long time to come to terms with the changes, but now things are better and the best thing that he does for me now is to leave me alone and give me space.... i disappear upstairs and lie on the bed and all he does is shout up occasionally to see if im ok, and sometimes he comes up to test the water, and if he can tell i am feeling a bit better he will sit on the bed and try and make me laugh... nine times out of ten it works.  ;D

Rainy.  :)

lorrapaw

I think the best thing my fiance has done for me is give me a hug when im feeling crap and in tears and tell me he loves me and he'll always be there for me. And sometimes buy me chocolate of course lol. I sometimes say to him why do you put up with me and he just says when you love someone you take the bad with the good.

Jemima

Thank you Rainy!!  :)

I do feel sorry for the men, at the mo Im sooooo changeable in mood.....even I cant see it coming so he has no chance!!!  :o

;)

arlers

Being patient with me, not judging, reading me like a book, giving me a cuddle when I need it, carrying on regardless, making a joke out of my craziness/moodiness/huffiness...and all my other faults/encouraging me-pretty much all you would expect from someone who loves you. :banana:

jgr

Nothing, he only thinks about himself. >:(

Bette

Oh jgr   :hug:
Bette x

jgr

I think i might get him to read this topic and see the support all you lucky ladies get, who knows it might make him feel guilty.    :(

Jgr

jgr

Anything is worth a try, i will do that now. Thanks Mrs P  :)

Astolat

Some lucky girls out there with amazing supportive partners! My hubby will help with shopping, cooking and other housework but he doesn't really understand the mood swings, fatigue, odd physical symptoms etc...he does try though  :)

beaglelady

My OH has had the patience of a saint the last three years with all my surgeries, ttc journey now menopause.  I haven't been easy to live with.  He bought a book about endometriosis to udnerstand more about my condition and even impressed my consultant with sme of the knowledge he gained.  He hasn't ready my menopause book yet though ....

He says he is glad not to be a woman says we are the stronger sex .

sheilak

Mine does the ironing, washing, changing beds & put out rubbish, so hes good but doesnt understand my flushes or any of the other symptoms! ;D

Bette

Maybe you should show him this thread, sheilak!
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2458.0.html
Bette x

Hera

Hi I'm new - started the damn menopause and having a browse around the site - nice to read your post Shelia - your partner sounds fabulous! I can't imagine mine doing the ironing unless I had an arm missing! He doesn't see the need to do it and if he has to - rarely - he will do a song and dance! Guys eh? Can't live with them, can't live without them, mind you I do wonder on the latter!

Bette

Hi Hera
 :welcomemm:
You might like to go along to "New Members" and introduce yourself, as Newbies ofthen get missed in the middle of existing threads and others will want to welcome you.  ;)
Lots of info and support here. And laughs - do check out the "Funnies."  ;D
Bette x

mystic

Listened and just being there for me and the family   :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21