Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: hrt survey  (Read 5583 times)

paisley

hrt survey
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »

Hi I want to find out what is the most popular hrt as everyone probs knows I have been on 5 hrts and still looking for the right one for me so would everyone mind who is on hrt tell me which one they are on and if it is working for them, thanks so much, you will be helping an unbalanced hormonal woman.

sandie w

Re: hrt survey
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »

Hi paisley,

I'm on Indivina 2.5. post meno.

This is my 5th HRT and seems to be working for me.

Of to the memo clinic on Wednesday QE Birmingham and i will then be discharged and will be under my GP. but can e-mail or ring Meno clinic at any time should i need to.

TM

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »

Hi Paisley

I am on Evoril Conti patches.  I use about 3/4 of a patch as more than that gives me break through bleeding and cramp.

I started off with Evoril Sequi and then after two years changed to the conti. I has sorted out the flushes really well. I am not sure whether it is the best one for anxiety and joint aches but I am going to stick with it.

Honeyb
x

Are you going to do a graph of results.....It would make interesting reading.

paisley

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »

Thanks already, yes honeybun, never thought about a graph and then pie chart, bar chart etc(only joking) Seriously I am going to write them all down and see which is the most popular and works the best

Bette

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:21 PM »

Started on Femseven sequi patches but got skin irritation. Changed to Nuvelle sequi which was brilliant but it was discontinued.  :'(
Now on Femoston sequi 2/10 - very good apart from some spotting which might be due to being on the mini-pill as well.
Bette x
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:53:44 AM by Bette »

Melbury

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »

Oestrogel (have had a hysterectomy so only need oestrogen). 

I have found it really good - very easy to use and I like the idea of not taking a pill.

Anne B

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »

2 x 100 Estradot patch. Not sure yet if ok.

beaglelady

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »

Hi I am on a 75 implant before that was on estraderm 100 patch

meno lesley

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »

Am on fourth hrt, elleste solo and ultrogestan 100mg for 25 days out of 28. The only thing that am really finding hard at the moment are joint and muscle pain.

Lesley x

Londongirl

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 07:29:10 AM »

Femoston Conti is the one for me!   (Am post meno, no periods for around 3 years and suffered badly with symptoms before taking HRT this January!).

Started off on Femoston Conti and only took it for 5 months.  I was getting monthly bleeds which were really very heavy to start off with although were easing off, however.............. then went onto the FemSeven Conti patch which didn't work that well for me...........so then went on Kliofem which just made me feel worn out and brought back meno symptoms. 

So yesterday ditched the Kliofem and started taking Femoston Conti again and here this morning I already feel better! 

Good luck Paisley. 

jax

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 08:39:40 AM »

been on elleste duet 6 months, today we upped me to 2mg as some symptoms are breaking through, mainly the emotional mood swing ones grrrrr
dr doesnt seem concerned I only had 1 blled since starting hrt, about 8 weeks in, which was 7 months since previous bleed. Its not 4 months since I saw anything...

paisley

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »

Thanks for you replies, it is quite interesting looking at what everyone is taking and how they are getting on with that hrt, I am amazed at London girl that she has gone back to her original one and next day starting to feel better, that is so good.

menomax

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 12:39:09 PM »

Started on Femseven Conti patches 6 weeks ago. Night sweats/flushes are have gone(apart from the odd warm moment) and I'm beginning to have more good, than bad nights sleep.  The only problem I've had  is patch irritation. Fingers crossed I've found the reason why. I always shower but on patch changeover day I've been having a long soak with bubbles . Before the last patch change, I showered and touchwood, no irritation. Still feeling a bit anxious but I'm optimistic this will improve with time.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »

I was started on Femeston 1/10 and was lucky enough that it suited me.  Started to feel better within a week :)  Didn't fancy patches, rather take a tablet.....

mand3966

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 02:08:07 PM »

Evoril Conti,

Just upped from half a patch to a whole patch twice weekly as on half a patch was still experiencing hot flushes. Been on whole patch about a month. Really helped hot flushes.

Tried 3 lots of tablets before the patches, all gave me horrid side effects, so patches seen the way forward for me....

Mand3966
Pages: [1] 2