Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Can't Sleep?  (Read 50136 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can't Sleep?
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »

UP because 'they' have the annual sports competition today  ::)  .... been months in the planning so it has to be done!

Bananas can be eaten any time in the 24 hours, so that they don't 'lay' on your chest  ;D ......... just have one/2 every so often which helps the potassium levels which is the cause for restless legs.

Taz2

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »

Bananas give me dreadful indigestion since meno though which, according to my GP, is very common. My dad never found that his massive consumption of bananas helped with his restless legs (Ekbom(?) syndrome) and he had medication which worked really well. Can't remember what it was now though.

Susan - I do have pain but it is manageable. My wrists, elbows and knees are the worst a the moment and I find that I have to rest between jobs some days. When I get really tired I can't formulate my thoughts, can't type properly either and feel like the plug has been pulled. It is the fuzzy brain which I find hardest to cope with at school. I have to see the health department each time my hours are increased and they give me a thorough questioning as to how I am feeling!

Taz x

Lynne888

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »

The one I remember most (and live by!) is "Never run after a man or a bus"!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2012, 12:07:09 PM »

;D  you could add that to our 'sayings' thread  ;) which I bumped this morning .........  :whist:

pixie

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »

I feel as though I wake up every time I turn over, whether or not I do or am dreaming its hard to say, because I force myself not to look at the clock!! However, I notice it has become worse during the warmer lighter weather.   I try not to worry about it, and some nights only have 4 or 5 hours several nights in a row.  As I don't feel too tired in the morning I don't worry, and can get the bulk of my work done, :-\ but come the afternoon I'm usually quite knackered!!  I do take melatonin to help, and it does, but when autumn comes I tend to sleep more normally again.  This is the worse peri symptom for me - the problems with sleeping, which have become worse in the past year.  Hoping it will go off, but as we get older we need less sleep. My friend made a banana cake today, so after 2 slices, hoping for a great nights sleep!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:26:10 PM by pixie »

janine

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 08:35:45 PM »

;) hi i was waking up early every morning from 4am  :o was getting desparate for some sleep! i bought  menopace night  ;) they really help and i sleep a lot better worth a try!  :) good luck

pixie

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 07:51:25 AM »

Following the banana cake, this is how I slept last night, which is quite good!  I went to sleep at 12.30, woke at 2.30, then around 4 and finally woke up at 7.30am.  Very hot again last night, so I have put all cotton sheets on the bed and a summer quilt. :)

JJ

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:20 AM »

I put my summer quilt on weeks ago, still waking up hot on and off though. These night sweats a relatively new phenomena (sp?) for me, maybe it means I'm getting closer to being post meno - hope so .

JJ

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »

Susan the smoothie sounds nice, I couldn't face eating banana last thing at night either, but I do make myself have one every morning no matter how I'm feeling. 2 - 9 is a good night, wouldn't it be great to have 7 hrs every night.

Joyce

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2012, 05:41:27 PM »

7 hours would be good, however I've settled to having between 5 & 6 which is fine by me.  Had banana at tea time instead.

pixie

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2012, 07:13:42 PM »

I wonder if I am post menopausal, no period now for 6 months!  Only 3 periods in the past 12 months and 51 this month!  I have had a banana and 4 small glasses of red wine, so will probably have an unsettled night!! :-\

Taz2

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2012, 07:20:13 PM »

You need to have had at least a year without periods to be post menopausal Pixie - sorry!  I would fall over if I had four glasses of wine  :drunk:

Taz x

pixie

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 09:56:58 PM »

Hi Taz,

Just very small glasses of wine. I must admit I only usually have one, but I seem to have eaten a lot this evening with the banana, and its all absorbed the wine!!  ???  Will probably be up to the toilet now several times!! P x 

JJ

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »

Wishing us all a good sleep - ever hopeful  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 10:48:21 PM »

I have just got back from the pub and one glass of wine as I was driving. I am lucky in that I only have to get up to the loo in the night if I am sickening for something such as a cold.

Sweet dreams everyone!

Taz x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10