Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Holiday Anxiety  (Read 54832 times)

Bette

Re: Holiday Anxiety
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 04:10:53 PM »

:congrats: H&S!  8)
Bette x

Firewalker50

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »

Great news H&S.  So pleased for you.  One foot in front of the other.

Fx

san

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »

well done H&S. We're here to encourage you. You go girl  :clapping:

JJ

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 07:03:38 PM »

Sunshine here you come , well done !

changesbabe

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »

Cant believe how excited I feel - the pictures you have posted are fab! Thank you so much. Xx

ariadne

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »

Great news H&S. So hard to press that button...I know. I have been worrying over our forthcoming holiday too.
Have I booked the flights correctly, right dates, right airports?
Have I booked the hire car correctly?
Last night it was booking the Meet & Greet car parking.
How much time to allow for getting to the airport
Will the Meet & Greet guy be there?
Will we find the right gate number in time?
Will we find the car hire place OK?
Will everyone at home be OK while we are away?

And then the same thing all over again on the way back  ::)

Why can't I just stop worrying  :-\

ariadne xx

littleminnie

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 09:02:07 PM »

Well done H&S.

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 08:29:57 AM »

Well don H&S  :)

I have found the best bit about being older and the children all being grown up is that I no longer have to go away at all if I don't want to. The stress of having to do it because they all needed a break was very difficult and I spent lots of holidays counting the nights until it was time to go home, much like a lot of us on here, and then being really annoyed with myself once we were home that I hadn't enjoyed it. Now I go on my own when and if I want to (only in the UK though) I am much more relaxed as the only person who will be let down if I am ill, have an accident, make a fool of myself is.. me!

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »

Mrs P - if he can be encouraged to go on his own it will give him something fresh to talk with you about.  ......... Himself won't go alone though  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »

So you need not worry as much that he is thinking he would rather be elsewhere  ;).  Mine loves me too, married to the same Guy are we?  Even on visits to his family we went as a two-some ............  :-* however ill I was with anxiety somehow I got through even though I wished sometimes he would go alone ...........
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:41:21 PM by CLKD »

2cats

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »

Brilliant news H&S!  AT least you recognise you're going to probably get anxious beforehand, at certain points but like you say- you can get on MM and look for support. :)

pj44

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »

Thats great new H&S really pleased you did it.

I'm like CLKD if i was told on the day that would be great, no time then to start panicking about it which i am doing now its on my mind 24/7 what ifs all the time. Daughter was hungover today so i managed to be able to talk to her about a few worries. She says i'm thinking to much ha ha as if ;D  I know my daughter loves me but she and i have a difficult relationship. Thats why i talked to her while still drunk because she is nice then.

changesbabe

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »

Got an email this morning delivering my e-tickets - eek! My stomach did a big somersault - however it did settle so that's good. I was telling my friend this morning that we go away five weeks tom - she asked me how many days that was I said 36 - god that sounds closer than five weeks. Having the tiniest of wobbles today. However my girls and I are meant to be going into town this afternoon to buy a bikini - which is a joke because it's teeming down outside.

Am also wondering how old is too old to wear a bikini - I will be 46 in August but am a size ten. Body is in proportion but a bit wobbly - I think because I have two stunning daughters I don't want to be seen as a mum trying to compete with her kids. Hubby says I should show off my body and be proud of it but am wondering if the time is coming where I need to be aware of my age. Anyway the resort is small enough this year that I am just going to get a bikini and go for it. Next year might be different tho. Xxx

JJ

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »

Hi hot and spicy , I'm your size too with wobbly bits, actually I wish there was a size 11, that would be great for me.

I'm too self conscious in a bikini now, although I don't mind  one with skirt attached and high waisted. feel best in cosi though with sarong to hand. I bet you can't wait to see the sun, weather here is lousy.

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2012, 11:34:52 AM »

wear a bikini - when I went to Biarittz many years ago ladies of all ages wore them, or not much at all  :o and some of those should have stayed indoors  ;) but no one seemed to take much notice.

I am anxious and I haven't even booked the apartment  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13