Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tinnitus driving me crazy.  (Read 10283 times)

Sarai

Tinnitus driving me crazy.
« on: April 24, 2012, 08:37:47 PM »

I first got tinnitus in my 20's and it mostly went just went up if I went to a concert or something. last year it came back and doc said it was a infection I was also drowning under depression and anxiety so I thought that was it. back on the AD's it receded again now suddenly it's back. I am not stressed and have been on iron 2 months so not anaemia. I am going crazy as it is so loud when I want to watch TV.  Have not been able to watch in peace for about 2 weeks. It's super loud in bed but Ijust listen to it in bed it's just sitting watching Tv which I so miss. I try not to be stressed by it but I can't bear the idea of never having peace again. Just needed to moan. read about nasal sprays helping anybody know what they are called?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tinnitus driving me crazy.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 10:36:03 AM »

Have you read the Tinnitus Association web-site?

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 12:40:01 PM »

My ears are buzzing away both sides ........ whoosing ......... 'full'  >:(

silverlady

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »

CLKD do your ears crackle when you swallow?  One way that you may get relief is put you hand in a fist and press on the side of your throat just below the ear. It can make your ears pop and release the pressure.

I have tried to get an appointment but the three prebookables had gone for today and I have to ring at 8.20 tomorrow, I have been trying to get an appointment since last Friday. Our surgery is only four and a half days a week!

silverlady x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 02:24:47 PM »

Nope.  My friend's been to ENT Clinic today and had her ears suctioned  ??? ....... she goes every 3-4 months.  My ears are quiet right now  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 03:15:54 PM »

We have 3 pages of this subject!

My R ear last night was pulsing - it would be background then crescendo then stop - not painful, not particularly noisy and didn't stop me sleeping.  Even wriggling with my little finger didn't stop it!

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 04:49:07 PM »

Mine started with recurrent ear infections which have left me slightly deaf in one ear. The more stressed I am the worse it gets. I think the longer it goes on the more accustomed your brain becomes.

One thing I have found just recently though.....I have been very bungled up, dry nose then runny nose but not a cold. I have been using Sudafed nasal spray to clear things and the buzz and ringing in my ear is less than it was.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 05:00:48 PM »

It's a nuisance ain't it!  >:( …….. sometimes my inner ear thumps in time with my heart beat  ::)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:40:24 PM by CLKD »

countrybumpkin

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 08:52:41 PM »

I suddenly developed pulsitile tinnitus in my left ear 6 years ago 24/7. Had loads of tests and no reason found for it.  Thankfully I can ignore it most of the time, I do sympathise totally as sometimes I get short bursts of ringing tinnitus and to have that all the time would drive me insane.

Have you tried white noise to try and cancel out the tinnitus??  I don't know what might help with tv viewing though - sorry

Rowan

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 09:29:22 AM »

Mine has at last quietened down (pulsatile tinnitus) , I have had all the tests including a MRI scan only to be told my ears are perfectly normal, I think its linked to stress

with me  http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/symptoms/tinnitus

Also BPPV which I have though the episodes are not very often, just getting over one, the last one was over two years ago.

Medications can cause ringing in the ears, I also find caffeine and sugar can set it off, also very loud noises, this is what set off mine  last week when I burned the toast and the dammed smoke alarm went off.

I listen to CDs at night  (mine is the sound of rain) very soothing.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 09:29:19 PM »

Silverlady its nice to find someone else who suffers from pulsitile tinnitus, you are the first person I have found!   Mine started one day 6 odd years ago and never ever alters in intensity its same 24/7.  I too had all the scans and ultrasound of arteries and nothing found but I too have balance problems and a very damaged neck and have recently been told it "might" be referred from my neck problem?? Just wondered if you have any neck problems?

Pauline

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 05:09:26 PM »

Hello all. It's been some time since I posted so hope this message gets through. Hope you are coping as well as possible with the googlies that menopause throws at you.
Interested in this post. Have had low droning in right ear for three months and finally seeing ENT consultant in about ten days time. It's a real bind never to have peace. Had microsuction but it didn't help. I do have sinus issues so that might not be helping.
Will let you know how I get on but wanted to stay in touch!

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 05:35:05 PM »

Welcome back Pauline.

Taz x  :)

Pauline

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 07:58:28 AM »

Thanks Taz!

Pauline

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 03:07:38 PM »

Saw the consultant today about this pesky tinnitus. He has ordered a scan to rule out nasties but says he is not overly concerned. Also have to have microsuction on the lugs again - full of wax apparently!!
Perhaps I could go into the candle making business? Do they call them Chandlers?!!
Hope you are all coping and I take the opportunity to wish you all a peaceful or, if that is not possible, a really cracking Christmas!
Pages: [1] 2