Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 899516 times)

viv

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #525 on: March 29, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »

A glass of red wine a day is supposed to be good for your heart.

There is so much conflicting information who knows what is best.
I really think moderation in all things is a good way to go.

Although I must have a really healthy heart now  ;D ;D

Honeyb
x

Suzi Q

« Reply #526 on: March 30, 2011, 05:59:47 AM »

Apropo did you know that the 2 glasses of wine a day for women was a guess?
They interviewd a few months back it was a BBC show Panorama I think the played it here on BBC kowledge
Theses now elderly science men said they had no idea so they just GUESSED that 2 a day would be OK
So science smience MY GP said to me if you drink 2 glasses of wine a day YOU have a PROBLEM
Im a fimr beleiver youd not get out of bed if you listened to all the scientific advise
Look I dont want to get cancer and die who the f does but I know and the gilrs on this site who comforted me and replied every day
They must know I couldnt have gone on how I was I made a desiosion and have never regeretted it
But unlike Ovestin I do see Vagifem as a medicine I never saw Ovestin as such yet its the same thing weird or what?

borchesterlass

« Reply #527 on: March 30, 2011, 11:15:49 AM »

Susan.. I agree with you.(But then I think we just dont really know whats round the corner and the conbination of vaginal dryness and bladder issues you get post meno really affext the quality of your life. Sometimes there are good arguments for quality rather than quantity). Things are really depressing with these symptons and made me feel really old. I was only 53 when these symptons proved a pain. I have opted for quality .

lubi loo

« Reply #528 on: March 30, 2011, 03:54:00 PM »

;D  well I am into second month of serenity cream  ;) wow.

no flushes no sweats
moist vagina responsive clit

please tell me it is not a coincidence
ooooooh and no migraines

cant beleve it.
still ache a bit tired poor sleep and less interest in sex but heh i even had a "nice" dream  like what is female eqiv to a wet dream? a nocturnal emission  lol

metabolism seems to be speeding up to the point i may even get thyroid checked just to make sure im not over replacing.....

so fingers crossed this continues and no need to cross my legs now  !!! :-*

borchesterlass

« Reply #529 on: March 30, 2011, 05:34:52 PM »

I didn't think this stuff worked!

eltonia

« Reply #530 on: May 06, 2011, 09:23:50 PM »

Newbie,intro'd myself on the newbie board,just started vagifem G.p. only started me on 1 x  twice weekly no intro course,maybe cause i suffer with crohns disease (imflammation of small bowel )well since taking it for my VA which is excrui ating and also severe bladder/urinary probs,i am finding i am getting like a period pain intermitantly and also awful bloating in the gut,is this the norm or not,or is it me,noticed when i first started taking it the other evening and again today after inserting pessary this morning,am on the 25mcg dose,as i said once twice a week,hope it is a temporary side effect,would hate to think there is nothing i cannot have down there to stop this agony,am 57 and been post menapausal for about 5-6 years.

Eltonia

Suzi Q

« Reply #531 on: May 08, 2011, 11:01:21 AM »

HI Newbie hehehe
1 ring GP and ask why your not following the recomended doseage from the manafacturer
He may not realise tell him its one a night for 2 weeks and ask why your not on that best to find out OK
As for period pains yes I had them too and I hadnt had a period in 14 years I had ovarian failure at 36/37
My tummy bloated and is still a bit puffy which was a shock cos I prided myself on my flat tum
But to get rid of that eternal pain ache and feeling like you cant go on then whats a puffy tum
Dont forget ring GP and ask xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Di

« Reply #532 on: May 11, 2011, 03:47:19 PM »

Hi everyone ,Taz I'm sorry I sent my first message to your personal messages in error. I am newish to website, havent been on for years as I thought my meno probs were subsiding until VA hit bad. I got a bad UTI which I thought must have been down to the dryness, and after reading all comments about reoccurrences I started taking vagifem 25. At first when I started using it it seemed to make me swell up inside which subsided after a few hours, but only after 2 days lubrication started yippee, couldn't belive it. However after about a week I noticed increased hot flushes, night sweats, feeling down, plus bad cramps in my legs and feet of a noght causing me to jump out of bed in agony. I thought this stuff was not meant to affect the rest of your body, and I couldn't put up with it any longer, so I stopped taking it after 3 weeks. Since then the VA has increased 10 fold and my stomach feels swollen and delicate inside making me feel nauseous. I don't know what to do for the lesser of the two evils! my doctor prescribed steroid cream to reduce the swelling, but that makes me feel really sore like I'm bruised or something and it aches terrible down below. I also had a swab taken which has come back clear. I don't know waht to do next. Has anybody had these side effects from vagifem? I don't know whether to try the 10 microgram instead? somebody please helpppp!

eltonia

« Reply #533 on: May 11, 2011, 05:27:38 PM »

Hi my gut really swelled on the 25mcg of Vagifem and i only took it twice,i went back to the g.p who told me to use the 10mcg for six weeks every day,or if that was too much every otherday,but alas 10 mch is not nowhere near enough,i am not getting the bloating but just very slight crampy feelings,nothing i could'nt put up with,but the going to the toilet frquently as come back,which is a menace especially with the job i do.
So this evening i am going to try 2  x 10 mcg pessaries--not quite the 25mcg,but i think it would be worth a try,anyhow soon know tomorrow morning if i'm doubled up with cramps again,and then i suppose it will be back to the 10mcg or to the g.p. again.

Eltonia

Di

« Reply #534 on: May 12, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »

Hi Susan,
Thanks for your kind reply :). I don't know what to do for the better, I don't think that I was allergic to vagifem, but that it seemed too strong a dose for me as the symptoms I got were those normally experienced by people on full blown HRT?when I asked the doctor about the hot flushes, night sweats and leg/feet cramps caused by the vagifem 25, and also the fact that it is not supposed to affect the rest of your body, she stated that some people are more sensitive than others and can be affected in different ways. I then suggested vagifem 10, to which she agreed but I must admit I am rather apprehensive about taking them incase of side effects.
My VA seems to be very slowly settling down, I don't have any burning or stinging, but am still sore a bit and a bit delicate in lower abdomen. I am just wondering if it might continue to ease off. I asked the doctor if this condition can clear up on its own, and she said yes. I have changed my diet to include soya and have been taking flaxseed oil capsules which are also rich in phytoestrogens. I might just wait a while longer to see what happens, but I have got the vagifem 10 waiting in the wings ha ha.   

Di

« Reply #535 on: May 12, 2011, 06:06:40 PM »

Hi Susan,
You swallow the flaxseed capsules. I'm not brave enough to go any near down below yet ha ha, although I don't have burning or stinging it still feels very sore inside and my lower abdomen is still delicate, but not quite as bad as yesterday.
I have just been reading about a product which the well woman clinic got me on to. It is Femarelle which is a capsule containing special derivatives from tofu and flaxseed. Some women are raving about how good it has been in helping their meno symptoms. Have a read about it on the internet.
I'm just holding out as long as I can rather than go on vagifem, I mean some people have said that once your on it your on it for life. How do you ever get off it? As soon as people stop taking it their symptoms come back again, is this due to withdrawal of estrogen? so how can using vagifem ever be temporary? Heres me saying all this but I'll probably end up on it in the end ha ha!

Di

« Reply #536 on: May 12, 2011, 08:09:06 PM »

Hi Larky,
what side effects did you get on the vagifem 25? I only took them for 3 weeks when I started getting the side effects and when I stopped my system is really messed up, I'm still trying to get myself right again,
Do you think the vagifem 10 might be ok then? but what if I have to stop and my system is all messed up again? then again what have I got to lose its still messed up now aghhh

Taz2

« Reply #537 on: May 13, 2011, 06:44:57 AM »

Hello Di - I wonder whether the side effects were not side effects at all but a coincidence and that you have now moved into a further stage of meno symptoms? Symptoms change all the time during peri and meno and the ones you mention about increasing hot flushes and tender stomach etc. have happened to me at various times but without  me using anything at the time. These things could have happened whether you used the vagifem or not maybe. Leg cramps were a fairly early symptom for me and I went from having none to having them every night. At the time I had no idea what was happening as I had not joined this lovely forum - must have been around five years ago now  :o

Has your doc mentioned the possibility of a slight prolapse to you? When mine first happened it was sudden - I thought I was getting a UTI and had the most horrible swollen and heavy feeling in my lower pelvis and vagina and the ache was so uncomfortable. I learnt later that this was the prolapse pushing forward into the vagina - I still don't know what I had done that day to make it happen but now I know that any sort of lifting i.e. shopping bags, garden furniture etc. can bring on the same feeling. When I mentioned it to my doc he knew about it as he had spotted it during my last cervical smear but patients are rarely told they have one unless it is causing problems.

What I am saying is that it may not have been the vagifem that "messed" up your system - it could have happened anyway.

Taz x  :hug:

borchesterlass

« Reply #538 on: May 13, 2011, 07:22:09 AM »

I have had no trouble with the vagifem 25 and have been on it for a year now. VA seems under control but sex still off the agenda. Think celibacy may be the way to go. Recent visit to doc and I told him there was now a vagifem10 which he has prescribed. Has anyone had any problems swopping from the 25 to the 10? Do you recommend straight swop or maybe use the vagifem 10 three times a week to start off with.

Di

« Reply #539 on: May 13, 2011, 07:48:03 AM »

Hi Taz,
Thanks for your reply. I don't think that my symptoms were just part of the menopause stages as I have been going through the meno for 8 years and been post meno for 3 years through which time the normal symptoms of hot flushes, night sweats and anxiety etc all had gradually reduced to minimal. The only thing that had got gradually worse was the VA, but on a few occasions (rare) it seemed to go alright for a few weeks only to go back to its horrible self.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 79