Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: elleste solo/ sandrena  (Read 4018 times)

Dyan

elleste solo/ sandrena
« on: November 28, 2011, 04:19:19 PM »

My nurse swapped my elleste solo 4mg pill to sandrena gel 2mg daily
to see if this helps with my blips I seem to get every 3-4 months.
I was on sandrena about 3-4 yrs ago and it seemed to work longer.
At the moment,4 days in,I'm getting funny pains down below,like I'm starting a period( I haven't had one for 18 mths as I have the mirena).
I've had tingling in my boobs and headache.
Is this just the change over from pill to gel, do you think, as I can't remember how it affected me last time I swapped from patches to gel.

Hope this isn't confusing for you,ladies.

Thanks Dyan X

Jaz

Re: elleste solo/ sandrena
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 12:25:48 AM »

Hi Dyan and the rest of you lovely ladies.

I have not posted for about a year when I had not long started Elleste Solo 2mg tablet with fantastic results. However nearly a year on I'm starting to get some of my old symptoms back, which for me are anxiety/palpitations, low mood, irritability. Hot sweats are not my main problem unless I have interrupted sleep. Joint pains thankfully have not returned.
I had a sub-total hysterectomy about 6 years ago so still have ovaries but was told they will stop producing oestrogen and I am wondering if that is what is happening and hence the Elleste is having less effect. I am now 52 and meno nurse said if I start to feel worse they could consider increasing the dose but this is not my first preference. I am going to try to do some regular exercise first although motivation seems to have gone too. I have had a stressful time recently at work which may have also contributed to negativity.

What are your views on increasing the dosage? I do find when I am occupied and after exercise I feel more positive but bit of a vicious cycle at the moment. Would appreciate your views, I know Hurdity also was very knowledgeable in this area.

Thanks Jaz x

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:59:26 AM »

You do start to level out as you get further into the post menopause state and the less HRT or ERT you will need, exercise, taking omegas 3 and 6, Vit E can help with  balancing and boost  natural hormones, the production doesn't stop altogether and your adrenal glands take over.

I have levelled out now and feel well, I use a very very low dose estrogen (partial hyst) now,  along with supplements, so don't have side effects my body is not completely estrogen deprived, I have gone weeks with out supplementing estrogen and felt fine, so the little I do take has not caused fluctuations.

Getting older can cause you to get tired more quickly, not handled stress so well, get aches and pains, men get this too, it just part and parcel of the aging process.

The palps will eventually cease (magnesium helps) but stress I have found is the number one reason for symptoms, calm the para sympathetic and nervous system and you will feel better.

I can't advise if increasing elleste solo will help, I can only go on my own experience and that was increasing my estrogen causes me to have side effects, weight gain, sore breasts, anxiety and a sense of fullness in lower tummy, nausea and headaches.

One thing with HRT/ERT you can increase it to see if you feel better, if you do then that works for you, if not you just decrease.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 10:03:18 AM by silverlady »

Jaz

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 08:10:02 PM »

Thanks for your comments I will plod on for now and try to get some good quality supplements as I was told the super market ones are waste of money.

So good to hear comments/suggestions on this forum. Much appreciated.

Jaz  x :)