Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Withdrawal?  (Read 1243 times)

Lalb1

Withdrawal?
« on: December 01, 2020, 10:20:23 PM »

Have posted on here a few times over the last few weeks purely hoping someone else was having the same symptoms as I am.
Just wondering if I could have withdrawal from HRT and bc still after 5 weeks of coming off them? Lots of really weird symptoms that's all. I was only on them both for 1 month, didn't think they were doing much whilst on them apart from the raise in BP and horrendous migraines.
Am I just clutching at straws?

Hurdity

Re: Withdrawal?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 08:36:45 AM »

Hi Lalb1

Your post got missed. Sorry I don't know your story eg age and stage of menopause or what you were taking? However if you had only been taking the extra hormones for a month it is very unlikely that you would still be experiencing withdrawal as you didn't take it long enough for changes to take place in your body. Depending on your age and stage, and your menstrual cycle it is likely that if they are hormonal, your symptoms could well be due to peri-menopause.

Do give more info about your sympotoms and where you are in menopause (or think you are).

Hurdity x

Lalb1

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 12:50:52 PM »

Hi,
I'm 46 and have been having perimenopausal symptoms for the last 4 or so years at least. I've had many years on and off birth control. Tried the HRT as doc thought that the time had come with all my symptoms to start me on something else.
My periods are very erratic, some months 45 days, some 24,some 28 between each 1. The 1st day is very very heavy and painful, 2nd day a little less then day 3 light and day 4 is the end.
I have so many symptoms at the minute it's crazy
Worst at the minute are
Joint aches
Muscle aches
Pain and stiffness in neck and shoulders
Low mood
Tiredness
Craving for rubbish food
Headaches
Warm flushes but not sweats (these went away when on the HRT briefly and have only come back as warm flushes)
Ratty
Weepy
Bloated stomach
Sinus issues
Post nasal drip
Clearing throat
Exacerbation of asthma and allergy
Period like cramps mid cycle and flu like feelings before a period arrives
Blurry vision

These are what I've had the last few weeks, the worst at the minute is

Neck and shoulder pain
Muscle aches
Period like cramps
Tiredness
Headaches
Low mood
Breast pain - worse just before a period shows up

Just fed up of feeling this low. I hate feeling poorly. Its the debilitating muscle aches and the tiredness and everything together that's hard to get my head around. I've started vitamin d again as always had issues with low levels. I am also wondering about going back onto a bc to see if that makes any difference.
Also have a horrible cricky neck that seeks to crack a lot on moving it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:36:12 PM by Lalb1 »

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 03:19:40 PM »

Oh dear, you are having a hard time. What were you on before? It isn't unusual to find the first one doesn't agree with you and the dose could need tweaking too. Perhaps consider a different hrt? Preferably transdermal.

Lalb1

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 03:31:31 PM »

I've been on various birth control to try and subdue the peri symptoms. But then the doctor prescribed Femoston 2/10 alongside cerazette birth control. This combo sent my BP sky high and caused all the problems.
I just feel grotty now I'm not on anything.
Looking at different vitamin supplements too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 03:50:37 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Over the counter medication can help, do speak to your Pharmacist who will know which combinations are best.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out!  Skin, vagina, deep in the ears, scalp, nostrils ......... not usually all at once.  It's The Change, does what it says on the tin. 

Do you take anything for the cramps?  MayB check your overall diet to see what you can add in the way of fruits and veg..  I loved roasted veg hot or cold ;-). 

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 05:48:10 PM »

I don't think your supposed to take hrt at the same time as bc?? I'm not surprised your body objected. Most BCPs use progesterone whereas in peri you are deficient in oestrogen. There are a couple of BCPs that have oestrogen but I don't know what they are, Hurdity could tell you. I would stop the bcp and start  hrt which will give you the oestrogen you're lacking.
Transdermal is safer than oral so maybe ask for a patch or gel.
Perhaps try to find a more knowledgeable gp?

Lalb1

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 09:39:19 PM »

Hi,
For the cramps I've just been taking painkillers but due to the high amount of painkillers I've had over the last few months my body doesn't seem to react well and I'm needing something stronger but I don't want to get into having too many strong meds.
I have wheat bags for the stomach cramps and back aches. I've taken feminax painkillers too.

I'm going to look into what birth control have the required oestrogen in. I had a feeling that cerazette isn't the right route as it's only 1 of the hormones. I'm sure the doctor said something about oestrogen being the one she thinks caused me the bad migraines? But surely my body need that and theu a source that's delivered like HRT. Ideally I think the trandermal route is going to be best.
I've had a complete overhaul look into my diet and lifestyle over yesterday and today. While I've been ill these last 2 months I admit I've eaten horrendously wrong. Cos I can't see properly and can't be bothered too much I've eaten stuff that's quick to make and easy to eat. Have had a chat with my son and we've decided on more veggies, more fluids and some multivitamins. We are both as bad as each other and admit we don't eat well this last 2 months.

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 10:33:45 PM »

Another option might be oestrogen via patch or gel with a mirena coil to provide progesterone and contraception. Many people stop bleeding altogether with it so I think (not certain) that should mean less  pain.

Lalb1

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 11:04:43 PM »

I have issues around the mirena coil, I really don't want that after a couple of close friends and a family member have had problems. Also I want something I can stop if I have any more issues as I'm so weird around new meds.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 11:31:26 PM »

Whilst taking into account how others have fared with various medications etc., this is about you.  Why would you have similar problems?  Also, the Mirena can be removed if necessary.  We have threads here, mayB put it into the search box to see what pops up?  make notes ;-).

There are specific medications for period pains.  Feminax sprang to mind, it was a Life saver for me for many years from the age of 13 until I went on The Pill at 16.

A few months of fast food won't do too much harm ;-).  Are you able to batch cook: freeze in portions for quick meals?  MayB chat with DS to see what you both enjoy and plan some recipes?  I love cauliflower: raw ;-).   ::). I think I was a bunny in my last Life  :D