Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: gel and provera  (Read 781 times)

robotwars

gel and provera
« on: December 07, 2020, 07:55:24 PM »

HI! i just wondererd if anyone who is in full meno has had any success on gel and provera. I suffer with IBS and im wondering what i would be like on this???? HRT pills irritate IBS, tried ultrogestan orally but it upset IBS and made me feel hung over. im now on the evorel conti patches which are ok apart from my skin is red from where patches are and i dont seem to be able to stop bleeding, at the moment i seem to do week with period, week no period!!! Doctor says say what i would like to do and she will perscribe it but i dont know!!!!!  i had a scan in june and everything was ok so it is the patches causing it...

CherrySG

Re: gel and provera
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 07:13:55 AM »

Hi there! I'm on half an Evorel 50 and top up with gel as needed. A whole patch is too much for me. With this I take Provera 5mg, sometimes I take 2.5 mgs as it makes me rather constipated. Not nearly as constipated and tired as the Utrogestan, even if I don't half the dose.

No other ibs symptoms except at the moment as I've come off escitalopram using the Prozac bridge. It might depend if the Utrogestan makes you stop or go, if you catch my drift  :)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 08:54:53 AM »

Have you tried vaginal utrogeston? Given the ibs it might be better to avoid oral altogether if you can. You could try a different patch if you prefer patches, they all use different carriers so there's a good chance a different brand would be OK.

robotwars

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 08:58:37 PM »

sheila can i just ask, is the vaginal progesterone the ultrogestan, as my GP said i wasnt allowed to use it this way so wouldnt give me any advice on how much to use, how often. Im 56 and before patches went 16 months no periods

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 10:21:11 PM »

Yes. It's only licensed for oral use for hrt in the UK but is licensed vaginally too in the rest of Europe. The 200mg is licensed for ivf vaginally in the UK but for hrt you will get the 100mg. The dose is same whichever way you take it. Sequi is 12 days x 200mg, conti is 100mg days 1-25 to allow a bleed 8f there's been any build up, many people just take it every day.