Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ovulation but no period? What stage of menopause  (Read 1145 times)

Sophiaflorance

• First Flush
Ovulation but no period? What stage of menopause
« on: September 07, 2020, 07:39:33 AM »

Hi
I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on what stage of the menopause I might be at?
I am 55 nearly 56 and have had 2 periods literally 10/11 months apart over the last 2 years. I am nearly at the next 10/11 month stage and suddenly ovulated last month. I have always known exactly when I ovulate and then get my period 2 weeks later. However I didnt bleed this time. I know I am not technically menopausal until 12 months after last period but this has confused me. Anyone else having a late menopause or still ovulating with no period? Thank you 😊

sheila99

Re: Ovulation but no period? What stage of menopause
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 08:39:13 AM »

I don't think you can apply logic to the menopause, you have to expect the unexpected. I'm 59 and still have sporadic ovulatory periods. I have never ovulated but not bled, that does sound unusual. I have the opposite problem, when I don't ovulate but do take utro (sequentially) I often don't bleed - which is a bit worrying when the ovulatory ones are stopping.