Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vivelledot v Evorel  (Read 1116 times)

suesue

• First Flush
Vivelledot v Evorel
« on: July 09, 2020, 05:02:22 PM »

Hi there..
Wondering if anyone has experienced something similar.
Evorel.. used these for two years with good effect.
Changed to Estradiol 7 months ago as Everol wasn't available here in France. Have been experiencing increasing high  levels of dreadful anxiety.
I thought these were similar patches.
Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:13:42 AM by suesue »

Hurdity

Re: Estradiol v Evorel
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 07:15:34 PM »

Hi suesue

I'm not sure what you are using as estradiol is not the brand name for a patch but the name of the oestrogen that is contained in the patches. Could it be another brand you are using that contains estradiol? Are the new patches a similar dose and changed in the same way eg twice per week? Sometimes women do absorb from patches differently due to the different adhesives and carrier products and the different patch sizes, so perhaps if this brand (whatever it is) does not suit you quite so well, then maybe try an increased (or reduced) dose depending how much you are using now?

Also do you use a progestogen too?

Hurdity x

suesue

• First Flush
Re: Estradiol v Evorel
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 08:10:16 AM »

Dear Hurdity
Thank you so much for your reply.feelng at my wit's end.
The Estradiol patch I'm using is "Vielledot" 50 micrograms
I also take progesterone 100mg nightly "Biogaran"
Patch changed twice weekly .
I tried upping the patch, made anxiety much worse with nausea too.
I'm hoping things may change for the better by going back to the Everol patches, getting them from UK.
I also take 40mg of citalopram tho have heard that there is a possibility that antidepressants may  interfere with the working of HRT? Morning black moods damn tough. Having therapy, practice, yoga, meditation.
Writing this it feels so negative... But feel this isn't the real me.so frightened that things will not change.

Hurdity

Re: Vivelledot v Evorel
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 07:07:29 PM »

Vivelledot is  one of the other EU country names for Estradot and these are much smaller than Evorel and some others like Femseven, although they are all designed to give the same dose. In practice women absorb differently so maybe you would be better off either with a different brand ( one of the larger sized patches of the same dose) or going up a dose strength with the Vivelle dot? What dose are you taking of the oestrogen?

I haven't come across Biogaran but I see it is a company producing generic drugs. Is it micronised progesterone that you are taking daily? Maybe it is this that isn't suiting you? What did you use before? Some women find they feel more anxious with daily progestogens.

Personally I wouldn't increase the ADs. Also were you taking these before the HRT for a long standing anxiety problem nothing to do with the menopause? If not you might be better off trying to wean off these and getting the HRT right before if necessary re-starting the ADs if you can't get the HRT sorted, if you see what I mean? eg it would be daft to be taking ADs for anxiety caused by continuous progesterone.

Do try not to worry suesue, you will manage to tweak it I'm sure. Also the situation we are all in doesn't help does it ie THE VIRUS and fall-out and ensuing uncertainties.

Hurdity x