Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Pain under right rib  (Read 3748 times)

Lorrstar

Pain under right rib
« on: May 29, 2020, 09:31:45 AM »

Hi, just wondered if anyone else has experienced this - after one month on HRT (Estrogel & utrogestan) I have developed an uncomfortable ache under my right rib along with my other aches and pains returning. Been to see GP as it has been ongoing & have been booked for ultrasound. I hate blaming everything on menopause but seems like it's plausible - has anyone else had similar starting on HRT?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pain under right rib
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 12:05:30 PM »

Is it trapped wind?  Is it continual?  At least your GP is sending you for a scan.  Let us know how you get on.

Lorrstar

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 12:30:06 PM »

Thanks , there is a lot of family history of gallbladder problems so possibly the cause & it is a constant ache .

Lorrstar

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 12:40:50 PM »

Also going to increase my Estrogel to 3 pumps to see if it eases other aches - guess all part of the journey  ;)

Lorrstar

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 12:56:21 PM »

Thanks again & will do , just a bit weird that it has started a month after starting on HRT so I thought it maybe connected (I have still got a lot to learn haha )  :)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 05:35:39 PM »

I thought of you earlier when I had sudden stabbing pain under the left rib  >:( wind  ::)

Lorrstar

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 05:55:53 PM »

Oh my goodness I never knew trapped wind caused so much pain until I started reading about rib pain! I hope it has now eased for you  :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 06:09:23 PM »

Shush - it did  ;D

Lorrstar

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 10:33:41 PM »

I had an ultrasound for the pain under my rib & all clear so it's not
gallbladder - all very strange . It started after I had been on HRT for a month hopefully it will settle (i've been on HRT for 4 months now)

Kelrob12

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 08:51:10 AM »

How strange this sounds like me, I did have an operation that removed my healthy gallbladder at the same time as my ovaries so when I started getting pain they said it was scar tissue. this is the first time Ive thought about tit being related to hormones. Does it feel like there's is a tennis ball stuck under your rib that you can feel in your back?
xx

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 09:00:35 AM »

Crikey kelly.louise that sounds extreme to remove a health gall bladder  :-\ - have you felt better since?

Kelrob12

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 01:16:26 PM »

Crikey kelly.louise that sounds extreme to remove a health gall bladder  :-\ - have you felt better since?

haha no a lot worse! It wasn't the only thing they removed "as a precaution" but honestly I wish they hadn't. I was because I had a rare tumour 8 years ago they thought came back so did the surgery removing things it could come back on in the future, but when they got in there it was actually cyst on my ovaries but did the removing anyway. I felt crap since. Most could be to do with going in the menopause but there's probably loads of scar tissue too. xx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 03:05:53 PM »

That's bloody absolutely awful behaviour from a Surgeon.   :'(. "OK we're in now, whip it all out".  No sensitivity there then and probably a Court Case .......

Could you go to a menopause clinic for advice?

Kelrob12

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2020, 08:35:48 AM »

That's bloody absolutely awful behaviour from a Surgeon.   :'(. "OK we're in now, whip it all out".  No sensitivity there then and probably a Court Case .......

Could you go to a menopause clinic for advice?

Yeah, Ive just a couple of weeks ago gone with Louise Nelson clinic. Im super sensitive to hormone changes so I hate changing but figured I need to start feeling better soon haha
x

Jeepers

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 05:52:16 AM »

That is interesting folklass... are you able to expand on that, or post some links?

Thanks

Jeepers xx