Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel & Progesterone experience  (Read 777 times)

Jop4321

• First Flush
Oestrogel & Progesterone experience
« on: December 29, 2021, 10:20:53 PM »

So I started using Oestrogel (2 pumps) and progesterone tablets 12 days ago and haven't noticed much difference apart from feeling a bit spaced out and more tired ( lwho h I'm hoping are side effects which will be short lived) sleeping a little better. How long did it take for you to notice an improvement in menopause symptoms of insomnia. Hot flushes, lack of libido, low mood?  Or did it not help at all?

sheila99

Re: Oestrogel & Progesterone experience
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 11:40:57 PM »

Flushes usually go within a couple of weeks. The psychological ones seem to take longer, my insomnia and anxiety took 3 months to go, very little improvement in the first month. Libido didn't improve at all (it does for some), I needed testosterone for that.

Sfifties

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 05:00:34 PM »

Hi ,same for me.
My hot flushes with palpitations and night sweats disappeared within 2 weeks .
i have been on oestrogel 2 pumps and utrogestan .
No improvement on moods although at times i feel calmer but low moods and general aches and pain still there as lack of energy .
My insomnia or more like broken sleep was caused by the nightly palpitations and sweats so i now sleep much better .
No improvement on libido either but my understanding is that once the oestrogen levels are stabilised ( not sure how long that takes ) there can be an improvement on that side of things too.

colliegrey2012

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 05:10:58 PM »

Hi I've been on kliofem  4 weeks I've started bleeding  heavy and got really bad pains cn anyone help me plz