Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: weight gain please help I'm depressed.  (Read 6534 times)

Hurdity

Re: weight gain please help I'm depressed.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 08:25:42 AM »

Pinkfizz - maybe your thyroid medication dose needs alteration- that is a very low number of calories - and sounds like you have might have put your body into starvation mode? Have you experienced a return of other low thyroid symptoms besides weight gain eg feeling cold, fatigue etc?

Hurdity x

Pinkfizz

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 10:11:11 AM »

Sorry for the late reply...I've been on my jollies. To answer the question, no...I feel fine. Just had bloods back and I'm all in range.

Katia

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 03:33:07 PM »

Lynntina is it fluid?  That's a lot if it's not.

I've gained a few pounds over the last couple of years. I've been on HRT two weeks now and I've got bad fluid retention. Even around my neck. Would it be fluid? Maybe a change of HRT?  It's horrible when we gain weight

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 10:02:57 PM »

Pinkfizz - do ask for an actual print-out or reading of your results and the particular hormones which have been measured. I mean although I know very little about thyroid function - it can be the case that your results are within range but still not optimal for you? Also I am given to understand that the optimal level for TSH for example is much lower in those who have a treated hypothyroid condition than those who don't - even though levels for both could be within normal range. You are eating far below what is normal if your metabolism was working within the normal range - even give or take a bit! I mean you shouldn't have to go on such a starvation diet permanently as well as taking all that exercise just to maintain your weight - as you could be lacking in vital nutrients.

Hurdity x

Mia C

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 04:53:12 PM »

Hi Pinkfizz
I completely empathise with you. I have now reached the dizzy heights of my heaviest weight ever due to a combination of factors. Numerous meds for various conditions but as they keep me alive little choice! A dysfunctional thyroid due to an associated autoimmune disease and periodic high dose steroid therapy.
I don't do as much exercise as I would like in the main due to long days at work and a three hour commute (up at 0430, out by 0600 and home 1900 onwards).
I had always found I could get rid of drug induced weight gain, which can be 16lb in a week by a few weeks of the 5:2 diet, not any more.
I too feel really fed up ( and yes I'm fully aware in the great awfulness of current events it's totally unimportant) but loathe how I feel. Currently I'm a size 14 to 16 all of which is boobs & stomach - joy. We go on holiday next week and I'm seriously worried I may get mistaken for a great white!
You sound very disciplined so I hope you start to see results. x

fedupDonna

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 06:13:35 AM »

Started hrt 2 half months now and put on few extra pounds but what I'm peeved about is that for a week now  I've stopped the red wine, have 1 tall glass with a dash of white then fizzy water a night if I want a drink, watching what I eat, drinking loads of water, walking average 21000 steps daily, 20 minute or more out on bike daily, my job means I'm on my feet racing around for 4 solid hours a day, riding my horse and have just had thyroid checked (underactive for 13 years) levels stayed same. I'm 49 and the weight isnt shifting aaarrgghhh!!!!!  :o
Pages: 1 [2]