Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Getting cool at night - cooling bed toppers  (Read 2395 times)

Flossie

Getting cool at night - cooling bed toppers
« on: June 12, 2017, 11:54:45 PM »

My lovely hubby has recently bought me a wool duvet from Baavet. It's the thinnest one they do and it's really helped with the hot flushes at night as wicks away the heat and moisture.
I'm looking for a cooling topper (not a gel pad) to go on the mattress as it's memory foam and so hot ! So, whilst I'm cooler on the top, underneath I'm warm ..

Has anyone tried a silk topper ? Natural fibres are considered best for cooling hot flushes.

Sooby

Re: Getting cool at night - cooling bed toppers
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 04:32:20 PM »

Flossie the "next generation" memory foam is reported to be cooling. Where as the original version used body heat to create the"memory" / shape.   :)

DaisyB

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 05:46:15 PM »

Hi Flossie
No memory foam in my mattress - but I bought new duvet yesterday - was expensive £75 for king size. Pure wool from New Zealand - keeps cool in summer and warm in winter AMAZING  :) ::)  can't believe how comfy I was last night!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 06:54:23 PM »

Try a mattress topper made of latex. Latex is a natural fibre, gives the same support as memory foam does but helps to keep you cool because it breathes. Look it up on the net - there is a good uk site that sells latex products. DG x

Lizab

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:46:17 PM »

Silk is supposed to be warmer because it tends to be a tighter weave therefore less breathable. Silk underpants never feel hot to me like synthetic fiber ones so I'm not sure if it really is as hot as it's supposed to be.

Peacegirl

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 06:09:29 AM »

I have the same issue because I e got done cheap memory foam on my side of the bed because my mattress is too hard! Even the cat thinks it's too warm ::) ::)

I think wool and silk are fairly similar in coolness - silk certainly is cool in summer clothing wise. Do t know about girls bedding.

Didn't know that about latex, will investigate!

cubagirl

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 03:21:39 PM »

They showed a Stay Cool Ice Towel on this morning. Might get one if they come back into stock. Mind you if it stays as chilly here I won't need it.  ;D