Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Feel all kinds of wobbly  (Read 2485 times)

Ambert

Feel all kinds of wobbly
« on: August 30, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »

Hi ladies
Can anyone identify with me here? I feel as if my insides are made of jelly! My shoulders, chest, arms, back all seem to feel wobbly and weird, even when I'm lying in bed I seem to be trembling and jittery, it's only ever inside, I don't see it externally. Is this normal for a peri lady??!

walking the dog

Re: Feel all kinds of wobbly
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »

I feel a bit jelly ish if my anxiety is bad , could it be that xx

dazned

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:38:43 PM »

Thats how I described it to my gp,like my insides are made of jelly and something is vibrating it,its a truely horrible feeling ! You have my empathy.
I now know that feeling to be anxiety/panic attacks and yes it can be a symptom of this meno journey,equally it can be thyroid problems . Have you had that checked out ?

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 02:48:01 PM »

now this is something I can relate to, this wibbly wobbly 'loose' feeling in my muscles and insides.  I am being treated for an anxiety disorder and I also have thyroid problems as dazned said.  I think it is something to do with adrenal fatigue and cortisol levels in my case.

Ambert

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 03:46:11 PM »

Well, all of those reasons apply in some way! I am about to be tested for thyroid stuff as I have also been suffering a horrid irregular heartbeat for the last few months, about the same time period as the jelly feelings! I'm definitely anxious at the moment, again, tied up with the heart thing (it's scary!), peri stuff and other issues at home. It's all such a weird tangled mess, everything seems to kick everything else off.
The jelly feelings are so much worse in the mornings....this is the time when I believe we have a natural cortisol imbalance so I suppose that theory makes total sense baby jane!

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 05:11:19 PM »

Hello  Ambert.

Oh yes, the jitters, quivers, the internal shaking, I know them so well! For me they cause the anxiety and when they disappear I am calm and can't recreate them. I totally blame hormones. One lady on the site described them as feeling as if she'd swallowed a large mobile phone that is stuck on vibrate. Does that ring a bell lol?

I have had my thyroid checked and all is okay. The sensations are not as intense as before HRT but they still unnerve me so I am trying to deep breathe through them. If I hit on a foolproof method I'll be sure to alert the good ladies of this site.

I hope you are reassured that this is another weird meno symptom, it's even mentioned in my trusty meno book so it can't be that unusual but it is horrible so you have my sympathy.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

dazned

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 05:20:12 PM »

Cortisol production is high in the early morning so this is why it's worse then. I found when it used to wake me p with a start I had to get up and do something. Cortisol is the precursor of adrenaline so doing something helps dissipate the surges,still horrible feeling though. Have a look at your eating habits too as sugar levels dropping can make this worse.