Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen levels  (Read 1973 times)

Tinkerbellj

Oestrogen levels
« on: August 29, 2016, 07:44:42 PM »

Just had bloods done after two months in four pumps oestrogen gel. Oestrogen on blood is 544pmol. Is that high?  Fsh was 3.5  originally 38! Was never that low even when I was trying to conceive lol pretty ironic!! Just not really feeling any bettet mood wise and boobs r Huge so just wonder if oestrogen is too high? Thanks for reading x

Tempest

Re: Oestrogen levels
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 08:49:13 PM »

Hi, Tinkerbelljj!

It's good to catch up with you again.  :)

I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable ladies will be along shortly to help, but I just wanted to say that I pretty much give up monitoring levels aside from checking to see if the HRT is being absorbed properly. To me, it's all about how I feel (this is a moot point in my case anyway now as I'm on Premarin, and it can't be measured anyway)!

Am I right though that you are in peri? 4 pumps sounds like an awful lot to be using if so! Most ladies seem to even out on about 2 on average. My Menopause Consultant pretty much limits to 4 pumps (at a stretch 5) in ladies who are in surgical menopause (no ovaries)!

Your symptoms sounds like excess to me. As I recall, did you start medication for mood too? If so, are you still taking it? If your hormones are still fluctuating, it will be hard to feel balanced at this time on HRT in any case until your own hormones level out.

Hope otherwise you are doing not too badly! xx

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 09:00:11 PM »

I have high levels of oestrogen and wondered if that's why I'm feeling no better so I'm lowering my strength patch, not sure if it's helping but mine were in the 700s

Annie x

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:41:02 PM »

Just another thought, Tinkerbelljj - are you still taking Testosterone? I noted that you have added this in a while ago and that you say you have increased anxiety and anger in your past posts. Well, that's the culprit right there! Testosterone levels are lowest post meno., and this is when this treatment is most useful and even more so in surgical menopause, but I'd be very surprised if it's needed if you are fairly early peri.

Just a thought, but I'd have a 'wash out' of the Testosterone and then see how you feel, and probably then drop by 1 pump of the Estrogel. Bear in mind that the Testosterone can hang around for a while so you need to give it a period of time to see how you feel.

When Professor Studd wrote me a prescription, he wrote me up for 3 pumps of Estrogel and 1/8th of a sachet of Testim daily and as I said before I have no ovaries! I think you're possibly overloading your poor endocrine system at the moment!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:56:32 PM by Tempest »

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:30:01 PM »

Hey tempest good to hear from u x I suspect u r right. I had stopped yhe testosterone a week ago and I think I will drop the oesteogen a bit. The meno clinic upped it to try and stop my natural ovulation and therefore the ups and downs emotionally.  But have just discovered I have pernicious anaemia and my b12 is really low so getting I injections  atm sp hopefully that helps. I think I might have moved further into meno cuz my period used to come even without the progesterone but now it doesnt!.
Thanks annie 0701 yeah I think I need to drop it a bit x