Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Clement Freud  (Read 10854 times)

booboo

Re: Clement Freud
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2016, 03:28:06 PM »

I agree Breeze " speculation " can be a very dangerous thing - but then so can " turning a blind eye" - whatever the outcome, facts/proven or not etc   people get damaged,hurt  and have to live with it..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2016, 05:20:03 PM »

This may/not be pursued by the Prosecution Service.

breeze

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »

Err, what.  How an earth can you prove what someone knew or did not know nearly 6 decades ago.

Also, what would be the charge.  Naivety or trusting your husband :o

Wow bring on the thought police.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2016, 08:33:11 PM »

This may/not be pursued by the Prosecution Service.

Which case are we talking about here?
The one against Mr or Mrs Freud?
Whoever it is, If the Prosecution Service do persue any case one would hope they are in full possession of the facts.
Gosh, they might even have more available  to them than the Daily Mail had.

Mrs Freud is in her late 70s don't think she raped anybody.
She may have been naive but leave her alone for goodness sake.

I believe it said she was 89 Hasty.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »

I have just finished watching the second part of the prog on CF which I recorded.  One of his alleged victims had kept letters he had written to her when she was very young telling her he loved her etc. They were shown on camera and were on official House of Commons stationery.

They also traced friends and relatives of the alleged victims who backed up their stories.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2016, 08:48:48 PM »

:thankyou: PF

booboo

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2016, 09:35:56 AM »

No one can physically prove that they have been raped/abused years ago - but the fact & reality  is it does and has happened many times.. People kept quiet for fear of retribution & a variety of other reasons/circumstances ..There are also those that cry rape/abuse and claim it happened when it did not, or was consensual .... Of course its not always possible to have facts or proof in these cases/situations and its  one persons word against another - even harder to prove if the alleged offender is deceased ...In the case of CF  ( as JS)  it appears there has been enough evidence to prove they were guilty of inappropriate acts with young ( non consenting) females ..... Maybe his wife was totally unaware, oblivious & maybe naively so - only she really knows and can answer that ....... I do sympathise with the genuine victims - but I also sympathise with the accused that are innocent and their families..

breeze

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2016, 03:29:58 PM »

Very balanced post booboo :great:

booboo

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2016, 03:45:29 PM »

My Meno brain does have its moments Breeze  ::) - Sometimes it does not always convey/articulate in the way Intended..

Things said  in text  can be misread/ misconstrued - hence I don't post on FB or use twitter etc
Pages: 1 2 [3]