Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hot sweats, feeling depressed and can't do my work!  (Read 3302 times)

Tre

Hot sweats, feeling depressed and can't do my work!
« on: August 13, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »

I am trying to go through the menopause as naturally as possible. Not sure if that will work, but trying!

I have now started with short very hot sweats and I have also started to have a feeling of dread. It is horrible. I feel like I am a very closed space and I am dying. It is horrible but again, it doesn't last long. I am worried it will get worse though.

I am 52 and been at college doing a counselling course for the last 3 years and going to start my level 4 and need to find a placement in a counselling agency by the end of this year and I am worrying because I have lost my concentration and I will be writing essays that have to be over 1500 words!
Plus I have my day job and I can't get on with that.

Is there any healthy alternatives I can try. I am vegan and have been for years and can't go on the HRT because of what it is made from.

I have been told Black Cohosh is good and then I was told it made one lady ill. I know it is finding something that suits you but I have no idea what to look at.
Any help at all would be great and I thank you in advance, Tre....

Taz2

Re: Hot sweats, feeling depressed and can't do my work!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:50:24 PM »

Hi Tre - have you had a look at the menu on the left of the screen under Alternative Therapies? There may be something there which can help.

The feeling of doom you mention is common with hot flushes/sweats. It's horrible but it helps to know that it's part and parcel of lack of hormones and not something dreadful. Good luck in your quest to find some relief from them - they are so draining.

Taz x

Tre

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:59:40 PM »

Thank you, Taz! I will have a look now. I'm pleased to read it is common with the horrible feeling of doom. I was really getting worried about it  ;)

Tre X

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »

Feelings of doom and panic is very common. It's horrible. I used to carry a little electric fan to help cool me down. It does help to know you are not alone.
A friend of mine has had a bit of success with sage drops and tablets. She is at the end of her meno journey now so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Can I ask why you can't take HRT because you are a vegan. I know that the older types of HRT are made from horse urine so I get that but the new types are not.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »

Is it to do with possible gelatin content or whether it's been tested on animals maybe?

Taz x

Tre

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »

Thank you, Honeybun and Taz. I didn't think they made HRT in vegan?
Yes, Taz, you are spot on! It is to do with animal testing and also gelatin!

It is so hard to find anything that isn't tested or as some kind of animal product in today which is a shame.