Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post Menopause / HRT & Brown Discharge  (Read 2267 times)

shrosphirelass

Re: Post Menopause / HRT & Brown Discharge
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2024, 04:23:06 PM »

Discogirl, after numerous bleeding episodes I finally opted for the coil. I had it fitted 10 weeks  ago and had bleeding and cramps for 8 weeks. The last 2 weeks have been bleed free and I haven't had any other side effects. In fact I have had less headaches.

discogirl

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2024, 02:34:56 PM »

ah the coil yes.

thanks for that bluemczoo x

discogirl

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2024, 02:36:11 PM »

thanks shropshirelass im glad things are going well for you on the coil x

Kathleen

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2024, 02:04:56 PM »

Hello ladies.

Can I ask those of you who had trouble absorbing your progesterone were you taking Utrogestan orally? The nurse at my GP surgery assured me that good absorption was guaranteed with this method.

I am trying to arrange an HRT review with this nurse and I would be interested in your experiences.

Many thanks ladies and take care.

K.

Yenal25

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2024, 06:28:47 AM »

Good morning all.

I’m so sorry for the delayed update. We’ve had a lot going on at home this week.

My biopsy appointment went well. The consultant explained the results of my scans and advised that there was a slight thickening to the lining. He also said this was normal for a lot of women on HRT. Prior to the biopsy and on examination, he found a polyp which I didn’t know that I had. It was about the size of the tip of my finger. He asked when I’d last had a smear, which was 3 days previously, and the nurse made no reference to the polyp. This could also be the reason for the brown spotting.

He removed the polyp and took a biopsy of the lining. 2/3 weeks for the results for both. He was very reassuring in that he didn’t think it would be anything untoward. After receiving the results I would need to make an appointment with the GP to discuss potential HRT dose changes.

Thank you everyone for all your support and I will update you again when I have received the results.

This forum is invaluable!  :-*

shrosphirelass

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2024, 12:33:23 PM »

Glad your appointment went well. Good luck for your results. It took about 3 weeks for my biopsy results.
Pages: 1 [2]