Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: GERD or GORD/acid reflux and utrogeston? Help!!  (Read 4119 times)

Emm225

GERD or GORD/acid reflux and utrogeston? Help!!
« on: November 24, 2020, 12:51:12 PM »

Can utrogeston aggravate GERD(chronic indigestion?). I was diagnosed with this a year or 2 ago, despite never habing had heartburn in my life.. includong 3 pregnancies !  I still dont but went to the doctor as i felt i had a problem with stiff in my throat. Thought it was my sinuses but he said not, was GERD/GORD (depending on if you're going to soell oesophagus the American way ir tje English way!)
I had lansoprozale, which helped a bit. Seemed to get a lot better, stopped tbe meds for a while.
Lately been very bad, got an appointment (phone) on Thursday.

Wondered if utrogeston could be aggravating it?  Main symptoms are feeling of gak in throat (I sometimes have to spit it out 😩)
 Can make me cough (not good in corona times now!) and lately feeling a heavy weight on my chest, and I feel I can't breathe well.. but can as I can walk and run. Not asthma as inhalers don't  help , and I am not chesty, just feel a heavy weight high in my chest from breast upward. Ears also can be blocked on and off.

Anyone else had this?  Or can offer advice?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:54:08 PM by Emm225 »

Emm225

Re: GERD or GORD/acid reflux and utrogeston? Help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 12:57:28 PM »

... I did ask my doctor about taking utrogeston vaginally but she was v against it and said it wasnt taken that way and isnt licenced.... .

Emm225

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »

They wont consider it at my doctors and I would want ti take the correct dose erc as would worry about tbe oestrogen patch i use otherwise.

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 04:11:35 PM »

When I switched to taking the utrogestan vaginally my indigestion more or less completely disappeared. Could you get a second opinion?

lizzog

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 02:12:45 PM »

Hi Emm225.  I've just read your post and this could have been me writing this.  I run, yet feel breathless due to GERD- I take inhalers but it's not like asthma at all. I might see about taking utrogestan vaginally rather than orally too!

CherrySG

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 02:43:03 PM »

I had to change to Provera as I couldn't control GERD on Utrogestan - even if I took it vaginally. I know that sounds unlikely, but there it is.  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 03:19:10 PM »

I get bloated when I eat lots of cake bought from the shop.  Or too many egg custards  ::)

Rennies or Milk of Magnesia helped, GP has given me Omaprazolol one capsule at night which eases the irritating cough that reflux has caused. 

mairired

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 08:10:46 PM »

I have been using Everol patches for over a year now and in that time had scopes down the way and up the way 😳 because iv had such bad stomach problems,  both fine, but I eat packets of Gaviscon tablets and an now on one of these ppi tablets. I also have has the most irritating cough which gets worse after certain food, was told it not connected to stomach issues and this is the first time I have realised it could be connected to the HRT !!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 08:13:40 PM »

GP told me that there is no knowledge about why reflux causes the need to clear the throat condition.  He prescribed Omeprazolol which I take at night and occasionally 1 in the day.  The cough goes away when I lay down  ::).  Not related to foods, thankfully  ;)

mairired

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 09:34:01 AM »

I feels it's after food that's contains dairy, so I'm thinking I'm eating healthily, yoghurt, smoothies but like CLKD it goes away when I lie down, never cough at night....

mairired

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »

Thanks Sparkle, helpful to know it my not just be my imagination ! Feel like a constant moan.