Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: .  (Read 3062 times)

Belle1

« on: December 06, 2020, 05:39:15 PM »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:39:33 AM by Belle1 »

SarahJane1234

Re: Does taking Utrogestan vaginally help with spotting?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 10:52:15 AM »

my doctor told me that I can use it vaginally (first dose last night) but that the frequncy would be the same as the oral dose.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 05:27:34 PM »

Definitely worth a try, you should get more where it's needed. It's off licence for vaginal use for hrt but it is licensed this way in the rest of Europe as well as in the UK for IVF. I use it vaginally but sequi not conti.

befuddled

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 10:06:25 PM »

Hi Belle,  i was prescribed estradot 50 and 100mg utrogestan on conti regime(25 days out of 28), and when i asked the gp about using it vaginally he said yes, but only take on alternate days, as the absorption is higher with vaginal use. 

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 10:38:41 PM »

The manufacturer says the dose is the same. Given you have problem bleeding I would stick to this unless you have side effects you can't tolerate. Probably best to put it in after sex (might be a passion killer!), you need to push it up as as high as you can just before you go to bed - gravity...

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 12:48:02 PM »

I use my fingers. If you have an applicator 'as high as you can' may not be good advice  :o Do you take it every day or days 1-25? I'm not sure if it'll make any difference but the 3 day break is supposed to be so you can bleed if there's been a build up.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 10:45:39 PM »

The idea of the 3 day break is that it allows a bleed if there's been if there's been a build up. If the lining is thin there won't be any to shed. In your shoes I'd be inclined to do it this way and keep a diary so you can note any bleeds.

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 11:02:56 PM »

You're welcome.  :)

Gracie65

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 08:17:34 AM »

Hi Belle, I am the same. I have been on estrogel with Utrogeston continually for 2 years this month and trying to find the sweet spot where I don’t have a bleed. I have had two scans which have been fine.
I am also trying vaginally every night, just hoping I am placing it high enough. I just push it up until it seems to go out of my reach which is about second knuckle of middle finger.
I will come back in January and let you know if it works. It’s so annoying x

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 08:56:58 AM »

Hi Belle - are you post-menopausal? If not then you are likely to get spotting now and again anyway. If you are post-meno then really you would be better off taking a higher dose or taking it vaginally rather than the 3 days I would say - because the daily oral intake is not controlling your bleeding, although this could partly be due to the fact you have endometriosis?

Great advice from sheila99. :)

Most of us who use utrogestan vaginally do so on a cycle for the very reasons given - both re sex and also I'm not sure how much will get to where it is needed if the prog capsule is being washed down so to speak  ::) - but depends how often the intimacy (!) takes place.....

Hurdity x

SarahJane1234

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 12:13:30 AM »

Hi - I just wanted to say that I find the applicator that is supplied with ovestin is a help for inserting the utrogestan tablets, I pop a little ovestin into the applicator, put the tablet on the end and use.