Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel side effects - will this subside?!  (Read 1994 times)

Scampidoodle

Oestrogel side effects - will this subside?!
« on: September 03, 2020, 08:52:14 AM »

Hi I joined the site a week or so ago and posted in the New members section. I’m 41 and already have the Mirena coil.

I raised my oestrogel to 3 pumps last Tuesday after consultation with my consultant. My symptoms (the ones that make my life really difficult) are the emotional ones of mood swings, anxiety and depression. Mainly as my period finishes when anxiety and rage is horrid! But general low quality of life. I had been getting brain fog at different times and aches and migraines. My oestrogen level came out as 79pmol on day 3.

So I may be in perimenopause. The plan was to raise to 4 pumps eventually. I have taken it slowly starting one pump in April, two in late May. I’d had some better times but also pretty bad at times too. But no migraines, No randomly weeing myself and no cramps.

So I was increased to 3 pumps last Tues And I immediately had a huge hot flush all over. I had never had one before!! Then since increasing every day I’m hot. My chest and upper back are hot internally and my face gets flushed and stingy. My chest And neck gets flushed Red And burnt but not  hot to touch.

This is now affecting my quality of life too! But my mood improved significantly on upping to 3 pumps.

I was also getting terrible internal jitters but these appear to be subsiding.

Do you think I should persevere and this side effect will settle?! Or am I getting a system overload and drop back down to 2 and see?

My hair started falling out when I started oestrogel (I thought it was supposed to improve this?!) but has recently stopped again. So I live in hope things will settle like the hair.

How long have side effects taken to settle for others? Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogel side effects - will this subside?!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 12:33:07 PM »

MayB drop the 3 pumps to every 3rd night?  The body doesn't usually get where it is in a hurry so it may take a while for it to make adjustments when the dose is altered.

Peri-menopause is when we begin to notice symptoms: i.e. periods wax and wane, possible hot flushes, anxiety, jitters - menopause is, literally, the last monthly bleed.  But that can take a couple of years B4 we really know it's all done!  Mine waxed and waned for 2 years  ::)

Some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 12:41:55 PM »

Many thanks for replying! I really appreciate it.

Is it possible to do 2 and a half pumps do you think? I’ve never tried doing a half!

Weird I just didn’t have this symptom at all on two pumps so feel like my body is struggling to adapt to 3.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 01:25:51 PM »

Hi yes you can do half a pump, but it might not be exactly half. I used to do 3.5. X

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »

It's about Trial and Error  ::)

Let us know how you get on?

Scampidoodle

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 01:42:36 PM »

Thanks all. Much appreciated x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 03:42:51 PM »

Quick question for those who have been on hrt longer than me.

How long did it take for you to feel the full benefit of the dose you were on?

I took two pumps of gel for about ten weeks. I then had a blip when I was prescribed Oestrodose instead of Estrogel (I know there’s supposed to be no difference but it made me vomit and I felt like I was in a big black hole!)

So I returned to Estrogel for 2.5 weeks and balanced back out on that eventually  before going up to 3 pumps.

I’m wondering whether I could have given the two pumps more time anyway and got more benefit the longer I was on that dose. Is it generally 3 months and you’ve got all you’ll get? Or shorter or longer?
X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 04:36:03 PM »

Sorry didn't answer all the query - I don't know if this will subside as I haven't taken HRT.

Scampidoodle

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 04:54:34 PM »

That’s no problem, Thankyou for replying anyway!

Sammiejane

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 11:25:55 PM »

hi i’ve been on estrogel and my hair started thinning and never stopped i’m currently on 2.5 tried 2 and have tried 3 but 2.5 better although still don’t feel great and my level was 1238 pmol so high i also take progesterone and testosterone but i have now got sore vagina ! also use ovestin twice a week i’ve been on this regime 2 yrs and lost so much hair i gave a week left before bloods so persevering but i’m think i will stop this regime to many side effects

Scampidoodle

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 06:22:25 AM »

Sorry to hear that Sammie. It’s crazy how different the reactions are that everyone gets. Hope you find a regime that works for you with minimal side effects.

Sammiejane

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2020, 07:29:53 PM »

hi scampidoodle

yes i thought at one point it had stop shedding for instance i was on the gel alone and then added in progesterone which helped the hair shedding however then felt i wasn’t getting enough extrogen had my watery discharge came back so upped the gel hair shedding started again and now 6 weeks after adding in testosterone shedding worse then ever and hair thinned so much i hope it works for you and remains not shedding . i wasn’t absorbing well either on my thighs so changed to arms and now i think obsorving to fast as levels really high