Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Question about applying oestrogel at different times during the day  (Read 838 times)

Lamplighter

That is, spreading the times I apply the gel rather than all at once.

My question is, does the gel need to be spread over the course of the day to be the most effective, as in, if you apply all pumps in one go does the oestrogen start to run out before it's time to apply the next lot?

I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be more effective to apply it with several hours between pumps (I am using three at the moment) or does it make no difference?

Anyone out there who has found it either makes a difference, or none at all?

Thanks

LL xxx

Grheliz1

Re: Question about applying oestrogel at different times during the day
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 07:50:27 AM »

I do two pumps in the morning and one at night. I'd rather not increase my dosage to four pumps and it seems that splitting it seems to get me through the night without symptoms.

Lamplighter

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 08:03:16 AM »

Hi Grheliz1, thanks for replying. 

Just another question - do you find the pump at night affects you in any way eg keeping you awake or making you anxious?  Initially when I started using them (2 pumps only) I tried spreading them over the day but found that I was really wired at night (but that might have been because I was taking the utrogestan in the morning instead of at night - I didn't know then about the sedative effects of the stuff  ::)).

I seem to be relatively stable at the moment but wonder whether spreading them might be more effective.  Did you at any point apply all three at the same time?

LL

EllaAurora

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 06:54:11 PM »

Hi Lamplighter,
I'm splitting 1.5-2 pumps pm / 1 pump am. I needed to start splitting initially because applying larger dose on one go caused some awful reactions (anxious, jittery, etc). That may have also been related to the fact that I was trying to increase too much on one go, but given the reactions were so bad, I've been reluctant to change anything right now, so will keep on splitting for now.

I'm not sure if the splitting really makes a difference at least if your dose is correct. The gel has been designed to work for the 24 hrs and once you reach steady state it should be enough to apply once per day.

Let us know if you decide to try splitting how it works for you! xx

Lamplighter

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 07:48:13 PM »

Hi EllaAurora, thanks for sharing that.  Interesting that you felt anxious and jittery when applying all pumps at once - were you doing it at night by any chance (I ask, because when I first started with Oestrogel (2 pumps) and Utrogestan, I used the lot at night and had the same reaction, really wired and uptight and unable to sleep so well, switched to pumps in the morning and prog at night and that alleviated the problem.)

Thanks for telling me about the 24 hour thing - my concern was that applying all the gel in one go that by the time the next day comes around the oestrogen will have if not all gone, then have weakened and won't be doing the job as well.  I have no specific symptoms to support that just curious as to whether I'm getting the full benefit.  You would expect it to last at least 24 hours though.

By the way, isn't it a faf having to apply gel, I always think I'm wasting some or not getting it right, much prefer just chucking a pill down my throat and being done with it  ::)

When I get brave enough to try splitting again I'll certainly let you know   :)

LL