Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Men who won't ask for directions etc..  (Read 4710 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Men who won't ask for directions etc..
« on: July 23, 2017, 06:37:29 PM »

Mine doesn't indicate whilst driving soon enough IMO - sometimes he even waits until he makes the turn left B4 thinking to push the indicator down even when I huff beside him  >:( but should someone in front not give enough warning  :-[.  How can I encourage him to let people know sooner: I've tried the "must let them know behind in case they are: using their mobile or on the computer, or doing their mascara" tack  :-\ .......

He wasn't listening earlier, I told him that I was leaving my cuppa to cool and going to tidy the bedroom  ...  a few moments later I could hear him searching the house and he came to the foot of the stairs asking if I was up there  ??? ..... his excuse was that it had gone straight through from ear-2-ear! 

If I suggest that he uses the indicator as we approach a junction I get "We aren't there yet!"  :'(

dazned

Re: Men who won't ask for directions etc..
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 06:41:30 PM »

It really is better to say nowt,it won't change them. :-\

If I say anything he just says "well you drive then " ::)

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 06:43:50 PM »

Mine wouldn't say that, because I might  ;D

dazned

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 06:47:44 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:34:21 PM »

Oh my DH drummed it into to me that indicating was not something you do automatically as you do a maneuve ( sp? My iPad is suggesting manure man! ). It's first observations, then indicate if there is any vehicle or pedestrian around and then do your man..........whatever the spelling is! He laughs at drivers who don't indicate or indicate as they do whatever they want to do. He usually comments"At least THEY know where they are going!" DH's most treasured achievement is becoming a grade 1 driver in the police after many weeks of training, so I can't argue with him. Just refuse to drive him unless he's been sedated as he will be after his colonoscopy tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 08:05:29 PM »

My driving instructor was the same as your husband Ju Ju I can still rember him saying why are you indicating/who are you indicating to ?

Although that was many years ago and I must admit I do tend to use my indicators more  now my excuse is there are far more cars on the roads now travelling far to fast and they can appear out of no where.

Good luck for tomorrow hope everything goes well for you both.

Lanzalover

dazned

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 08:06:28 PM »

Hope all goes well for tomorrow .

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 01:22:20 PM »

I indicate for pedestrians; for those drivers that race up behind in between looking in the rear view mirror and back to the road; for those on their mobiles, doing their make-up [and that's just the men  ::) ], talking at their front seat passenger by turning to look at them and not at the road  :o ......... or cyclists etc. on the road I am about to turn into.  That's how I was taught!!  Better to indicate than not 'cos by not doing so could land a driver in Court.