Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: PRIVATE MESSAGES  (Read 4775 times)

Emma

• Administrator
PRIVATE MESSAGES
« on: July 24, 2017, 11:46:22 AM »

I have just noticed an allegation that private messages are 'read in the background'. I have messaged the member to explain what she means.
I can absolutely assure you that private messages ARE NOT read by anyone on this forum they're not intended for!

Emma
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:53:08 PM by Emma »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: PRIVATE MESSAGES
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:51:27 PM »

We are furious too!  It's been thought for a while, as I explained to you in the PM, that members have felt that private/personal messages have been insecure for a while.

Thank you so much for the reassurance. 

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 01:04:54 PM »

Hi Emma

I have never thought any PM of mine has been read by anyone else.

Keep up the good work, this site is amazing ;)

W xx

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 01:08:32 PM »

Not good enough CLKD. I want evidence, not speculation and allegation.

Emma
--

We are furious too!  It's been thought for a while, as I explained to you in the PM, that members have felt that private/personal messages have been insecure for a while.

Thank you so much for the reassurance.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 01:15:11 PM »

Is there really any need to shout at me Emma, others have mentioned feeling that PMs are insecure during recent weeks.  As per your PM to me earlier, the threads that concerned those particular issues have been pulled! 

You have now re-assured Members - shall we move on?  Now that the issue has been raised and sorted, maybe it's time to look at the Forum over-all and read each thread so that you can advise and encourage; as Moderator?  I think that if other threads are read rather than pulled it will become clear that many are not happy right now which perhaps needs analysing.

It seems that questions are asked quite innocently then disappear without reasons.

I've seen some upheaval on Forums over the years but *never* like this has been.  Friends suddenly disappearing without warning  :'( ...... if I have to be the 'voice' on here then sobeit, I'm here several times a day and have been for many years which is why it's so upsetting. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:32:31 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »

As requested by Emma, I apologise if others were mis-led by comments made i.e. that PMs are not secure.  Hopefully the shouting will now stop and you are all reassured that anything said in the background, remains private.

You are respectfully invited by myself to accept the reassurance in this thread.

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 01:52:52 PM »

Thank you CLKD for clearing up that misunderstanding.

Emma