Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feeling good , wanted to share  (Read 3159 times)

jedigirl

Feeling good , wanted to share
« on: June 04, 2017, 10:38:17 AM »

Hi all,
Realised today how well i am feeling and have been for a while so wanted to share the hope with you. Three years ago i thought i was dying. I couldn't eat for extreme all day nausea , had flushes, palpitations, aches in my ribs,  soreness and dryness down below, such awful anxiety i couldn't cope with my family and need alot of help. I lost two stone, had months off work and many A&E visits.After realising i was peri i tried a few different HRTs and then settled on Utrogestan/Oestragel regime.
It wasn't immediate and some days i can feel a bit sick or dizzy but my life has returned. I am well, have energy, sleep brilliantly, no flushes or anxiety. In fact my home life is incredibly stressful with a very unwell daughter and we have had to cope with some awful crisis points as a family with her . I have the strength and good mental health to manage her now. I work a demanding job four days a week. I have a house, three kids and everything that goes with it and i can cope now.
Believe me , I was as ill as it's possible to get with peri. The doctors were baffled, the meno clinic were surprised how unwell i was. So I'm here to tell you it is possible to get your life back during peri . Yes i know there may be issues ahead but I want you to know it's doable. Much love , jedigirl

Salad

Re: Feeling good , wanted to share
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 10:45:51 AM »

This is lovely to hear  :thankyou:

jedigirl

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »

ps I hope this doesn't sound at all patronising or as if I'm pushing my kind of HRT or indeed any kind of HRT. Thats a very individual choice. I just remember when i was very ill looking for posts from women who had been so ill and then got their health back but found few posts about it. I was never sure if it was because when you are well you tend not to need the forum as much or whether it was because no one got well again and that scared me. Hence the post!

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »

That's just brilliant,always good to hear someone feeling good getting on with life enjoying it for a change, so happy for you and long may it continue x

Salad

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 10:54:18 AM »

It just read like a good news story to me jedigirl and that's always good to hear.  :D

Elizabethrose

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 10:58:45 AM »

I am absolutely thrilled for you Jedigirl, and thank you so much for sharing this here. I'm a firm believer that we all of us need encouragement and a 'light at the end of the tunnel'. It can give us the determination to try to stay positive and keep inching forwards.

Long may your good health continue and I send you good wishes that your daughter will be mended soon too. x

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 11:05:06 AM »

Hello jedigirl.

A great post and so kind of you to update us with your good news. Long may it continue.

Take care.

K.

Blakeygray

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 11:46:14 AM »

Good for you Jedigirl, we need to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel because while we're in the midst of whatever madness the menopause bestows on us, it's easy to think things will never get better.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »

Hi jedigirl

Lovely to hear from you and I do remember all of your problems and with your daughter too. Thanks so much for sharing and it is so good to hear that you are now doing well on this regime and generally. Of course it is not pushing it to tell everyone - this is what is very helpful to hear - it's only over promotion of particular non NHS products/alternative remedies, or private consultants - which is frowned upon by admins. As we often read, so many women do give up quite quickly on HRT or on particular types but it is not always a quick fix, especially during peri-menopause.

Let's hope you continue to do well and we are always here to lend a listening ear!

Take care

Hurdity xx

peri

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 06:01:36 PM »

So glad you're feeling good Jedigirl, always nice to hear a happy ending x