Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help - what's normal???  (Read 1989 times)

mstocker9

Help - what's normal???
« on: September 14, 2016, 10:08:57 AM »

Hi all, I guess i'm just looking for some reassurance really.  I think I started the menopause around 6-12 months ago but nothing about my body seems normal any more!
I suppose the first I noticed was that a few days before my period was due my breasts would go quite hard & lumpy and really tender to touch but as soon as my period started they went back to normal.  Now my breasts are quite painful all the time, sometimes together with a burning feeling in my upper arms and this month my nipples are VERY sensitive.
Call me naive but I thought menopause symptoms were only present during the time in the month when your period should be - am I going to be feeling this way all the time???

I recently had a skin cancer scare and all of these new symptoms going on are really not easing my mind at all, even though I have had the all clear I am still going out of my mind with worry just about what's normal.
Thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: Help - what's normal???
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 03:22:34 PM »

Symptoms sound very peri meno to me, mstocker9. I kept thinking I was pregnant as my peri symptoms started in my mid 30s!!!
Browse around the site to get clued up.  Try not to worry.  DG x