Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: cricky i just looked up vagifem on the NHS website  (Read 3745 times)

Sarai

cricky i just looked up vagifem on the NHS website
« on: August 06, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »

I am amazed how negative the information is for vagifem. Its really scary all the info on why you should not have it, all the possible side effects. Flippin heck, is there nothing for our private bits that does not come with a health warning. I'm nervous enough as it is.

honeybun

Re: cricky i just looked up vagifem on the NHS website
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 01:03:16 PM »

You get the same patient information leaflet with Vagifem as you do with full HRT. Don't worry, the uptake is so tiny that it really doesn't count.

Honeyb
X

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:02:48 PM »

It is a very much 'one size fits all' for a hormone preparation.  Not too different from contraceptive pill either.  It is not very helpful  >:(

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 03:20:39 PM »

I started this a month ago and if you read the leaflet that comes with it you run but as has been said this info is the info for full hrt ( patches tablets etc) rather than for vagifem.  The absorption from vagifem is tiny and the urologist said they give it tp ladies having treatment for breast cancer so the amount you get into your bloodstream must be tiny.

The only slight side effect I got was the day after using it the night before I have very slightly more hot flushes for a few hours.  Thats it and the difference to you know what is miraculous!

jorainbow

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »

I agree totally that its worth it for you know where!!!  ;D  I started reading the 'book' and then threw it away.  Have had no side effects (I did have an increase in anxiety but that's another story and not attributable to the magic stuff!!!)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 10:38:30 PM »

I rarely read the leaflets inside packets  ::)