Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How do you know?  (Read 2037 times)

Spangles

How do you know?
« on: August 05, 2015, 09:10:16 AM »

How do you know how far along the meno journey you are when you take Hrt? I believe you can only measure it by coming off Hrt, I'm scared to do this as I don't want all the symptoms to come back but the anxiety is driving me mad. I always try to find a reason for it when the only reason is hormones! Does anyone else feel like this?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx
P.s. I feel miserable and useless

Briony

Re: How do you know?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:17:44 AM »

Cant offer an answer, but can offer a  :hug:            xx

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 09:22:44 AM »

Hell Shellb.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling miserable and useless, I am sure you are not but I recognise how horrible this journey can make you feel. I agree with you in that I always think the anxiety is related to other things but you are right, the only reason is hormones  (I am using HRT patches but still having problems with anxiety).

I had been period free for three years before using HRT so I am definitely post meno but I'm sure other ladies will be along to answer your question.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »

It's awful you are still suffering with anxiety now you're post meno Kathleen. Do you think if you had started HRT before you were post meno it might have made a difference?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:18:34 PM »

Anxiety can be relieved with medication  :-\

In the 1990s I used Valium 'as necessary' and more recently have an emergency tablet for short-term use.

If you are having relief from symptoms why stop the HRT, maybe go discuss anxiety treatment as a separate issue?  Some ADs help both depression, anxiety and flushes (whoops that 3  ::) )

Spangles

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 05:11:00 AM »

Hi
I already use citalopram 40mg.
xXx

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 07:18:37 PM »

Hello ladies.

GypsyRoseLee -  To answer your question, in retrospect yes I wish I had started HRT sooner and certainly before I had been period free for three years. I was also blissfully ignorant of the existence of peri meno and wonder if HRT would have been of help to me in my forties.

This site and the women who contribute have been a life line for me and I am truly grateful for all the support and information I have received. I recommend the MM forum to every woman I meet ( those of a certain age, obviously ) and I've even made sure that my twenty five year old daughter is aware of the menopause and prepared for what it can do to you! 

Wishing everyone well and take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 10:37:32 PM »

:thankyou: