Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Thinking patch change from Elleste Solo to something smaller (in size)  (Read 6545 times)

Annie0710

I seem to be tolerating this attempt at the patch this time, I've been on 2mg pill form for years but have really wanted a patch instead as headaches have been annoying

I started by cutting the 80 patch to a third and gradually increasing the size each change, by Sunday I think I'll be on the full patch , woohoo !

But ideally I'd like a smaller size patch (same dosage)
Does anyone have any suggestions to what patch is smaller and what would the strength be ? It seems both my pill and patch are the max strength in the elleste solo brand

Also, as we're going abroad in Srptember, I need one I can put on my bum area that will be covered by a bikini bottom

Would welcome suggestions

Annie xx

Dancinggirl

Why not switch to Oestrogel, which is transdermal and applied each day, as this would give you the option of adjusting the dose to your needs. I didn't know there was an 80 patch!! - this is quite a high dose.  I use just one pump of Oestrogel each day but if you need a higher dose 2-3 pumps per day could be used - possibly split so you do one pump in the morning and 2 pumps at night - this might help reduce headaches as you get a more consistent dose rather than lots at once.  You just have to apply it to your inner thighs either morning or night on clean skin and allow it to dry for 5-10 mins before dressing.  You need to avoid getting the area wet for around 2 hours after application but at least you don't need to worry about patches coming away or leaving rashes.  DG x

Grumpymum

I'm on estradot patches. 50s are very small and I'm now on 75s (approx 3 x 2cm, not very easy to measure on your bum!) and I believe from here there are 100s, but my doctor told me there wasn't anything more than I'm on. They are much smaller than femseven or Everol that I tried before. I tried oestrogel but was allergic!

Annie0710

Thank you ladies

Patches seem more to my liking as I'm at risk of forgetting to put the cream on plus on work days I'm literally rushing out of bed to get ready and out the door

I've been on max oestrogen for 16 years (since age 32) when my ovaries went into shock after my hysterectomy

I have to see doc soon so will discuss estradot/oestrogel pro/cons

Thank you, hearing from both sides is really helpful

Annie xx

Hurdity

Hi Annie0710

As Grumpymum - I use Estradot 50 and they are tiny. Years ago when I started HRT I had Evorel sequi and can't believe the size difference. No way would I want these on my btm - there would be too many marks as I leave them on there! I've used Estradot for 8 years and very happy with them. I haven't tried oestrogen gel ( although I use Testosterone gel - but only a very small amount. For me it's a bit of a faff waiting for it to dry though - but it's down to personal choice/allergies etc and which gvies you the most stable oestrogen levels.

Hurdity x

Annie0710

Hi Annie0710

As Grumpymum - I use Estradot 50 and they are tiny. Years ago when I started HRT I had Evorel sequi and can't believe the size difference. No way would I want these on my btm - there would be too many marks as I leave them on there! I've used Estradot for 8 years and very happy with them. I haven't tried oestrogen gel ( although I use Testosterone gel - but only a very small amount. For me it's a bit of a faff waiting for it to dry though - but it's down to personal choice/allergies etc and which gvies you the most stable oestrogen levels.

Hurdity x

Thank you Hurdity

I'm really liking the sound of estradot, I'm hoping there's nothing that'll cause an allergy as I'm really enjoying patch instead of pill

Annie xx

Annie0710

Doc phoned yesterday so I asked for estradot and she said she'd leave a prescription at the pharmacy.  OH picked it up and although the label says Estradot it's on an Evorel box ! I haven't opened it but can't get back there now until Wednesday, so will keep to Elleste til then

Annie xx

justaboutcoping

Re: Thinking patch change from Elleste Solo to something smaller (in size)
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 01:58:07 PM »

Hi Annie

I recently just switched up to Estradot 50 from estradot 37.5 and my pharmacy has been having trouble with getting supplies of either. They thought they would be able to get estradot 50 but apparently out of stock at their suppliers, so I've had to take evorel 50 for now. Not overly happy about that but don't have much choice as about to run out of the 37.5 patch...

I hope they're ok as was quite happy on estradot, just flushes not quite controlled on the 37.5.

If you manage to get some estradot let me know and I'll harass my pharmacist some more!! xx

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »

Pharmacist didn't realise their error and exchanged for estradot 100,

Maybe halve a 100 so you get 50?
I've cut mine before to phase them in more gently

Annie xx

justaboutcoping

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 08:36:08 PM »

Good idea :) My gp gets a bit antsy when I suggest cutting them though, so not sure she'd prescribe me 100, I guess I could see if they can get the 25 and then I can double up.

Doesn't seem to be a popular choice round my way as the chemists seem to really struggle to get hold of them...

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 12:08:08 AM »

Using 2x25 will get costly though unless your GP agrees to prescribe double on one prescription

When I was using pill form of hrt they kept charging me for one months supply but my old surgery would do 3 months so I asked saying it's not really fair as meno wasn't a choice so they agreed , now I'm paying for one month on patches !

Annie xx